ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form is now on sale. The Abia State University postgraduate programmes admission form for the current academic session is currently on sale. See Procedures on how to process ABSU Postgraduate Admission form below…
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form
By this notice, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Programmes of Abia State University in the current Academic session.
ABSU Postgraduate Programmes/Courses
Applicant are advised to click the link to view the list of ABSU Postgraduate courses/programme.
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements to our postgraduate programmes:
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
- A graduate from recognized university or a person with a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are satisfied. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.
- Applicants for PGD in Business Administration must in addition possess credits at O’level in English Language, Mathematics, and Economics.
- Applicants for Diploma in Estate Management must possess good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners and the relevant cognate experience may be considered.
- For postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology, applicants must possess one of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology, applicants must possess B.Sc in allied services from reputable Universities.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied. However, candidates with CGPA of 2.6 on 4 point scale or 3.00 on 5 point scale and above will be given preference.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.ED who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration course and Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- For the Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology, applicants must have M.B.B.S or equivalent degree obtained from this university or any recognized University. Also for the Masters Degree in Human Physiology, a good second class Honours in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in related subject provided the Physiology content is substantial, will be considered.
- For the Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Estate Management holders of Abia State University Postgraduate Diploma in any recognized Universities in Urban and Regional Planning at the merit level and above will be considered.
- For M.Sc in Clinical Optometry, applicants must have O.D from accredited school and ODORBN with CGPA of not less than 3.00 in 5 Point scale.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) DEGREE MPhil/Ph.D
- Candidate with a good master degree (NOT MBA) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Candidate with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on the 4 point scale or 4.0 point on 5 point scale will be given preference. Candidates must have obtained (60%) sixty percent average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence. In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and interview. Candidate with CGPA lower than 3.0 on 4 point scale or 4.0 on 5 point scale will be required to do an MPhil/Ph.D
Photocopies of NYCS Discharge/Exemption Certificate, photocopies of all qualifying credentials, including O’level must be attached to the completed application forms, as well as arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, school of Postgraduate Studies. Non-receipt of transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
Duration of ABSU Postgraduate Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of three semesters and a maximum of six semesters
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of three semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of four semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
- »Full-Time: Minimum of four semesters and a maximum of ten semesters
- »Part-Time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of fourteen semesters.
Steps on How to Apply for ABSU Postgraduate Admission
- Proceed to any of bank: first Bank Plc, Zenith; UBA, EcobankPlc; ABSU MFB Uturu, Keystone Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Union Bank; Skye Plc on the e-transact network and request to pay the application fee of N11,500 (Eleven thousand, five hundred naira) for the form, service charge inclusive.
- Collect the e-transact receipt from the Bank on payment and proceed to any internet centre for the completion of the form.
- Log on to the ABSU portal abiastateuniversity.edu.ng and complete the application form.
- Finally, confirm your entry and print a copy of the form as well as three copies of the referee’s confidential report which will be forwarded to your referees for completion (Two of these should be your teachers at the University level).
Commencement/Deadline of Application
All applications(ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form) must be submitted on or before the deadline
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.