Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form for the current academic session is out. Prospective Candidates are advised to bookmark this page to get prompt updates on the Postgraduate Admission process in Benue State University.
Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form
By our standard, the purpose of this article is to provide aspirants and members of the public with all they need to know about the Benue State University Postgraduate Admission Form for the current academic session.
Benue State University (BSUM) Postgraduate School invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its current academic session Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees.
General Admission Requirements For Admission
Applicants must in the first instance, meet the relevant O’Level requirement for an award of a First Degree of the Benue State University:
- A Credit in English is required for all courses;
- A Credit in Mathematics is required for all Science based courses, Management Sciences, Economics and Faculty of Environmental Sciences;
- A Pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Sciences and non- Science Education Courses. Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Health Sciences;
- ‘O’ Level Credit pass in Economics is required for all Management Science courses and Economics;
- A Credit pass in ‘O’ Level Literature is required for programmes in the Departments of English, Languages & Linguistics, Theatre Arts and Law, while a Pass in Literature is required for Language Education programme;
- IJMB ‘0; Level Credit Pass in Mathematics and English are acceptable in lieu of Credit pass at SSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level English;
- NCE English major is acceptable in lieu of ‘0’ Level Literature;
- NCE Use of English is acceptable in lieu of ‘0’ Level Credit pass in SSCE or GCE ‘0’ Level English.
- In all cases, ‘A’ Level Passes supersedes ‘0’ Level Passes.
Master Degree Programmes (M.Sc, M.A. and M.Ed)
Candidates must possess in addition to (i) above, a first relevant degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
For M.Sc Physiology and Anatomy, candidates must posses B.Sc. First Class or Second Class in Physiology of the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
Medical graduates of this University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University, who are fully registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
For M.Sc Mathematics and Computer Science, candidates must posses B.Sc. Mathematics or Computer Science respectively of the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Mathematics Education, Statistics, Mathematics/Statistics, Statistics/Computer Science or PGD in Mathematics or related field at a minimum pass level of 3.00/5.00 may be considered for M. Sc Mathematics while candidates with Bachelor’s degree in related fields like Mathematics, Physics, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, B.Sc (Ed) Computer and Information Management or PGD in Computer Science with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 may be considered for M. Sc Computer Science.
Such candidates may be required to make up for any deficiencies by attending appropriate module(s) from the School’s undergraduate programme.
M. Sc. Management and Master in Public Sector Accounting
Minimum of Second Class Lower Division (GPA 3.00) with Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Marketing, Management, Economics from recognized universities,
Candidates must have attained a satisfactory level of performance in the University’s Admission Test & Interview.
Candidates with PGDM from recognized universities and who have passed with a minimum of Upper Credit (GPA 3.50) may also be considered for admission provided the University’s matriculation requirements are satisfied.
In addition, candidates must possess as in (i) above.
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes (PhD)
Candidates in addition to (i & ii) above, must have a good Masters Degree with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 or ‘B’ grade from Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- For PhD. History, candidates with Master of Philosophy degree may be admitted for the programme, or candidates who do not hold an M.A. in History will be required to take a number of 800 level courses for one academic session.
- For PhD programmes in Faculty of Education and in the Department of Business Management in the Faculty of Management Sciences, candidates shall also be required to take a written and oral examination.
- Furthermore, Candidates for PhD programmes in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching and Department of Business Management are required to consult the Head of Department as to the availability of supervisors in the areas they wish to specialize before applying.
- For PhD. Law, applications should be accompanied by a research proposal.
- For PhD. Physiology and Anatomy, candidates must be fully registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
Master of Health Management (MHM)
- Any Degree in Medicine (MBBS and BDS). Degree in Pharmacy, and Honours Degree in Nursing and other medical professional degrees.
- Advanced Diploma in Health Management of Benue State University with a minimum of CREDIT pass average and any other relevant postgraduate diploma/qualifications.
In addition, candidates must possess as in (i) above.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum of Second Class Lower Division with Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/ Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, Marketing, Management, Economics from recognized universities.
- Candidates must have attained a satisfactory level of performance in the University’s Admission Test & Interview.
- Candidates with PGDM from recognized universities and who have passed with a minimum of Upper Credit (GPA 3.50) may also be considered for admission provided the University’s matriculation requirements are satisfied.In addition, candidates must possess as in (i) above.
Postgraduate Diploma in Planning Studies
The Department provides a 12 months programme leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Planning Studies. Intending applicants are expected to:
- Have the University Entry (WASC or NECO at not more than 2 sittings) requirement of at least 5 credits, which must include English and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Geography, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics, Technical Drawing, OR
- Have a General Certificate of Education (GCE O-Level) passes in 5 subjects at Credit level and at least a credit in Mathematics and any 2 subjects from the following: Geography, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics, Technical Drawing, NABTEB, AND
- A Bachelors Degree in any of Geography, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Estate Management, Building, Architecture or Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning with at least a 3rd Class honours or an HND in Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture or Estate Management with at least Credit level pass.
Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
The Department provides that a candidate must pursue their studies for not less than 3 semesters and not more than 4 semesters from the date of registration.
- Candidates must posses basic entry qualification into the undergraduate programme (5 credits which must include English Language and Mathematics).
- A minimum of 3rd Class Degree in Computer Science or CGPA 2.00 for Computer Science Graduates or Lower Credit for HND graduates.
- Candidates who do not have Degrees or HND in Computer Science but who have minimum of 2nd Class Lower Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography may be admitted into PGD in Computer Science or any other relevant discipline.
Benue State University Description/Duration of Postgraduate Programmes
All programmes begin with Course Work and end at Project for Postgraduate Diplomas or Dissertation and Thesis for Master and Ph.D degrees respectively.
The duration of Degree/Diploma programmes are as follows:
1)Postgraduate Diploma programmes shall be of one year minimum and two years maximum duration.
2)Master Degree programmes shall normally be of one academic year minimum duration for full-time and two years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not normally exceed two years for full-time and three years for part-time candidates.
3)Doctorate Degree programmes shall normally be of three years minimum duration for full-time and five years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not exceed five years for full-time and seven years for part-time candidates.
NOTE: Applicants must request their previous institutions to forward their Academic Transcripts to The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Benue State University, Makurdi. (Transcripts to be accompanied with transcript request forms which should be printed on the portal).
How To Apply For Benue State University Postgraduate Admission
- Visit https://portal.bsum.edu.ng/postGraduate.jsp and complete some pre-registration information and submit. Once submitted, an Application Number will be generated. Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Applicants would then proceed to the designated Bank (Fidelity) with the printed copy of preregistration form and pay a non-refundable application fee of N 10,000 using the generated Application Number.
- After payment, applicants would be expected to re-visit the Benue State University Portal under Application and click on Postgraduate to complete the Application Form. Then upload academic credentials and other relevant documents and submit on-line. Please, print a hard copy of the completed form for reference purposes.
- Applicants are to ensure that the on-line reference forms are completed by the three referees.
- Please note that applications without relevant documents uploaded will not be considered.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.