The University of Benin (UNIBEN) Admission Form into full-time diploma programme in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for the 2018/19 Academic session is now on sale.
By this notice, applications are invited from from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-Time Two-Year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in UNIBEN.
IMPORTANT: UNIBEN JUPEB Form
Duration of Programmes
The programme is a two-year Full-Time Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)/
Available Courses For The Programmes
UNIBEN has a Centre for Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). These courses have adequate professional and academic content, to produce manpower for the promotion of staff proficiency, capacity building and performance in the Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil and ICT sectors of the economy for middle and top management positions. Listed below are the available Diploma Courses:
- ♦Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- ♦Industrial Welding and Fabrication Technology
- ♦Marine Drilling and Production Technology
- ♦Computing and Computer Technology
- In addition to the above courses, the Centre also runs Profession courses at Advanced Certificate Level. Listed below are the courses:
- ♦Oil and Gas Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- ♦Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering and Naval Architecture
- ♦Marine and Naval Architecture Engineering,
- ♦Oil Field Development and Subsea Engineering.
- Note: The duration for these set of courses is 12months. And waivers can be given to desiring candidates.
Course Benefits To Participants
- ♦Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly into Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other Agencies in maritime and ICT industries.
- ♦The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a direct entry qualification in the University of Benin into 200 level for all Engineering programmes and degree programme in the Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
- ♦Programme would also serve as capacity building for the academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and tradition.
INDUSTRAL TRAINING:Applicant should note that students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second years of the programme.
Admission Requirements For The Diploma Courses
- ♦Credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any other subject at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- ♦City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- ♦A qualification equivalent to any of the above.
Admission Requirements For Advance Certificate Courses
- ♦B.Eng. in any Engineering Programs
- ♦B.Sc. in any Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics or the Equivalent)
- ♦HND in any Engineering programs
- ♦HND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Marine Engineering, Nautical studies/ICT PROGRAMS)
- ♦Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- ♦OND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Mathematics, Navigation and Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- ♦OND in any Engineering Program
How To Apply For UNIBEN Diploma In Maritime & ICT Admission
- ♦Candidates should visit the website myuniben.org
- ♦Click on Application to initiate the online application process by printing application fee slip of the sum of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira)
- ♦Proceed to any Commercial Bank of their choice to make the payment through Interswitch platform.
- ♦Return back to the same website to complete the application online.
- ♦Candidates should ensure that forms are clearly filled with all information required on or before 30th September, 2018.
- ♦Any application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.