Centre College Language Scholarships in Kentucky USA is open for application from eligible applicants for the 2022/2023 academic session.
If you wish to study in the United States, this is fantastic news. The application process for the Centre College Language Scholarships is presently open in the United States. So, in this post, we’ll go through the scholarship, its value, eligibility, and application procedure in further detail.
Centre College Language Scholarships
Students having a solid foundation in Arabic*, French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish who seek to deepen their language and cultural studies are eligible for Centre College Language Scholarships. However, majoring or minoring in a language is not required, thus students interested in applying for the Arabic Language Scholarship should just show a strong interest in learning the language in college.
The Institution, located in Danville, Kentucky, is a private liberal arts college. With around 1,400 students, Centre Institution is an undergraduate college. Presbyterian founders founded the college, and it retains a shaky relationship with the Presbyterian Church (USA).
In 1819, the Kentucky General Assembly formally established Centre College. The Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities, as well as the Associated Colleges of the South, are both members of the college.
Centre College was ranked No. 53 among national liberal arts institutions by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020 edition. In 2019, U.S. News ranked the College No. 16 among all liberal arts colleges for Best Undergraduate Teaching, No. 26 for Study Abroad, No. 43 for Most Innovative Schools, No. 132 for Top Performers on Social Mobility, and No. 38 for Best Value Schools.
A liberal arts education at Centre College entails completing a general education curriculum as well as a major subject of study. Admission to the College, on the other hand, is highly competitive.
Worth of Centre College Scholarships
The scholarship covers the amount of $3,000 to $5,000 annually for all successful candidates.
To be qualified for the scholarships;
- You may apply for a language scholarship in your native language.
- Applicants may apply for a language scholarship in more than one target language by submitting extra applications; but, you are only eligible for one scholarship in one target language.
- You must take two courses of your target language at the College and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in courses of another foreign language or one course of another foreign language in addition to Linguistics 210, and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in those courses.
- You must also pursue a study abroad opportunity to be qualified for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Successful candidates should exhibit the following credentials:
- Proficiency in French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish. Or a desire to learn Arabic.
- The desire to study foreign languages and cultures
If you are interested and eligible for the scholarship, visit the Centre College official website for additional information and to apply.
The application deadline for these scholarship is February 1, 2022.
You may want to explore other trending U.S Scholarships
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.