How To Gain Admission Into University of Uyo (Uniuyo) Without JAMB
Over the years, a good number of Jambites struggle really hard to pass the JAMB/UTME exams. Most applicants who have been unlucky in the past now have a common phobia for the word “JAMB” due to believe that it is impossible for an average student to pass the the JAMB/UTME examination.
Most Jambites/students who scaled through the hurdle of passing the JAMB/UTME, are made to tackle the Post UTME exams before they can gain admission fully into Uniuyo.
- This article is meant to:
- »Assist Jambites/students who wants to avoid the stress and hurdles of going through JAMB/UTME and Post UTME to secure admission into the University of Uyo.
- »Guide students who having written JAMB/UTME, do not meet the JAMB cut-off marks adopted by Uniuyo for their respective courses to opt for an easier way to gain admission into the university of uyo (uniuyo).
- »Provide an alternative for students/applicants who were unable to write the current JAMB/UTME due to either technical or financial issues.
- »Guide students with awaiting O’level results on how to secure admission into Uniuyo, pending the release of their results.
- There are two distinct ways by which students can gain admission into the University of Uyo without writing JAMB. These include;
University of Uyo Basic Studies Programme/Uniuyo JUPEB Programme
The Basic Studies Programme is designed to prepare students for the examinations conducted
by JUBEB which is an acronym for the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board. Holders of the JUPEB certificate would subsequently be admitted into the 200 level of the degree programmes offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB in the courses of their choice. The 2018/2019 Uniuyo Basic Studies Programme Application form is currently on sale and prospective candidates/students who meet up with the admission requirement below can apply.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- »Candidates are required to have a minimum of five (5) credit passes including English Language and any four (4) other subjects relevant to their course of study obtained at not more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L/NECO and NABTEB.
- »Admission into the programme is usually through a University screening test. At the end of the programme, successful candidates of the JUPEB examination will be admitted into 200 level in various degree courses in the University of Uyo provided they satisfy the admission criteria for such courses.
- JAMB Score is not required for admission into this programme.
- Candidates for the 2018 UTME can also apply as there will be no supplementary application for this programme.
- Admission into the Basic Studies programme will be through Computer Based Test (CBT).
Uniuyo Pre-Degree Programme
This is another viable option for students wishing to gain admission into the university of uyo without JAMB/UTME exams. Unlike the Uniuyo Basic studies programmes, all successful candidates will be required to register for and take the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into programmes of their choices from list of courses approved by the University of Uyo.
The 2018/2019 Uniuyo Pre-Degree Application form is currently on sale and prospective candidates/students who meet up with the admission requirement below can apply.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- (a) Admission into the Pre-Degree programme will be through Computer Based Test (CBT)
- (b) Candidates must possess credit pass in at least five (5) “O” level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for Agricultural Science Education and Agriculture candidates only), at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- (c) Candidates seeking admission into programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture should possess at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC/GCE including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language and any one of Economics, Geography or Physics. At least a Pass in Physics is acceptable.
- (d) Candidates for admission into Agricultural Science Education must possess five (5) “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics and any other subject.
- (e) Candidates for admission into Home Economics Education should possess five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any other subject.
- NOTE: JAMB score is not required for admission into this programme.
- Recommended: 2018/2019 Pre-Degree/Basic Studies Programmes Admission Forms
- Tips and Requirement on How to Apply for Uniuyo Basic/JUPEB Programmes
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.
This was really helpful. Thank you!