Olusegun Obansajo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation 2023
Apply For Obansajo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation
Obansajo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation is currently accepting applications for the 2023 edition. See how to apply for the Olusegun Obasanjo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation below…
Obasanjo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation
The Prize has been named in honor of the former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in recognition of his exemplary statesmanship and leadership at the national, regional and international levels and his contributions to political well-being, socio-economic development and the positive role he has played in nurturing the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation in the African continent.
The Obasanjo Prize for scientific discovery /technological innovation is awarded once every two years to individual scientists or a group of scientists that the Prize Selection Committee deems to have made outstanding scientific discovery or technological innovation that generate social and economic benefits for the development of the continent. Such breakthroughs may be based on advanced research in higher educational or research institutions or based on empirical observations derived from indigenous and local knowledge systems.
The African Academy of Science (AAS) seeks to promote and foster growth of a vibrant African scientific community, and to stimulate and nurture the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation that would serve socio-economic development in Africa. The Chief Obasanjo Prize will be awarded to each of the following fields:
- Information and communication technologies, and
- Material sciences.
- The Prize is open to all African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences.
- National scientists and Fellows in the employment of or who serve as senior advisors to The AAS are not eligible for nomination.
- The award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
- Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
Olusegun Obasanjo Prize Benefits
- The Prize, which shall be awarded every two years, has three components:
- Cash award of US$5,000 but this may periodically be reviewed and adjusted by the Governing Council (GC) of The AAS;
- Gold Medal inscribed; and a
- Citation – in a form of certificate.
Note: The Prize may be awarded to an individual or jointly to two or more persons who will share the cash award in equal amounts.
Relevant Link: Wellcome Sanger Institute Prize Competition
Nomination Process for Olusegun Obasanjo Prize
Nominations are to be submitted on the AAS Ishango Online System. Self nominations will be accepted. Please follow the instructions below.
- Visit The African Academy of Sciences website to apply
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before please proceed to step 4.
- The system will email you a temporary password.
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (first time users will be requested to replace their temporary password with one of their choice).
- Once you log in go to new grant application and go to click here
- Select The Obansajo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Technological Innovation and click on apply to begin filling in the online form.
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form.
All applications must be sent on or before (the date will be published soon).
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.