PTDF Postgraduate Scholarship
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) in collaboration with the Federal Government agency invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships to specific programmes at selected Institutions in the United Kingdom.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme for UK Universities will offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions in the United Kingdom.
Candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions in the United Kingdom (full list of sponsored courses is available below). As part of its efforts to continuously improve and streamline its programmes, The Fund has reduced the number of partner universities in the UK to 15 top universities (see list below) where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served. Applications will therefore be limited to those choices and successful candidates will be awarded scholarships for programs commencing in the 2024 academic session.
Value/Worth of Scholarship
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
PTDF Overseas Scholarship Postgraduate Selection Process
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of Degrees, full academic transcripts and other professional qualifications acquired.
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply For 2024 PTDF Overseas Scholarship
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Must be computer literate.
- Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
- Applicants must also include their masters degree project.
Recommended: Julius Berger Scholarship Scheme
Required Documents For 2024 PTDF Overseas Scholarship
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
Note: Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Application Forms can be obtained via this link www.ptdf.flexisaf.com However applicants are advised to read through the requirements above before applying.
Recommended: NLNG Undergraduate Scholarships
List of Approved Universities And Courses For Sponsorship
For 2024, the scholarships to the UK will be restricted to select courses (available on the PTDF website) at the following universities:
PTDF Approved Universites
|Imperial College, London
|University College, London
|Kings College, London
|University of Birmingham
|University of Nottingham
|University of Southampton
|University of Manchester
|University of Liverpool
|Robert Gordon University
|University of Salford
|University of Dundee
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Application Closing Date
Prospective applicants should please note that the closing date for applications is four (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
The application is open from (yet to be published). All entries must be submitted on or before the stipulated deadline.
Please Subscribe to this blog to get prompt relevant updates.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.