Shell SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is currently open for application from eligible applicants.
In partnership with three universities, namely: the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth, SNEPCo will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc studies for the academic year commencing September 2022.
Shell SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Shell SNEPCo Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a scholarship programme sponsored by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo). The objective of the scheme is to provide opportunities for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
Type of Scholarship
Postgraduate (Masters) degree
Worth/Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
Notes: Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
Duration of Scholarship
Fields of Study
Prospective Candidates are advised to apply for either of the following courses to qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions listed respectively below:
- MSc Geotechnical Engineering: University of Birmingham
- MSc Geotechnical Engineering: Newcastle University
- M.Sc Hydography: University of Plymouth
Eligibility Criteria for Shell SnepCo Postgraduate Scholarship:
To qualify for the Postgraduate scholarship, applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2017 admission)
- Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/2018
- Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum.
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
- Be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
- Be of Nigerian nationality (proof of this will be required)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study.
How to Apply For Shell SnepCo Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission.
- Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection.
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than (date to be published soon).
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Commencement/Deadline of Application
The Application for the Scholarship Scheme is yet to commence for this year. All necessary details as regards the commencement and deadline of the scholarship scheme will be posted here once it has been officially released.
Please subscribe to this blog to get latest updates about this Scholarship.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.