UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form is currently out on sale. See how to obtain the University of Lagos (UNILAG) Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2022 academic session
The University of Lagos (UNILAG) Admission Form for the 2022 is due to be on sale in a few months from now. The management of University of Lagos (UNILAG) School of Postgraduate Studies, invites application from eligible candidates for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes offered in UNILAG for the 2022 session on a full-time and Part Time basis.
Available Postgraduate Programmes In University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
General Requirements For UNILAG Postgraduate Admission
Requirements PGD & M.Sc.
- An applicant for admission to a programme should fulfil all of the requirement below:
- Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
General Requirements for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
An applicant for admission to a programme should fulfil all of the requirement below:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
- All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
- All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
- For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
- All candidates for m. Phil./Ph.D. Admissions are to provide transcripts of their masters’ degrees or formal evidence of performance at master’s level. Keep reading to see how to apply for UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form.
How To Apply For UNILAG Postgraduate Admission
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than(the date will be published once the sale of the form commences).
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2022 Applications link.
- Confirm your eligibility and availability of your desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the sum of N22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only)for the Form, the SPGS Abridged Prospectus and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- ♦Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
7. After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2022 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
8. Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15 kb in size and must be in white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
9. Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (candidates are advised to complete the final submission only after they have fully completed the form. PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE).
10. After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required at the examination venue).
11. Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:* Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) * NYSC Certificate * Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.