Application forms for the 2023 University of Uyo Postgraduate programmes will be made available to the public by June (at most July). By this notice, candidates who deem themselves suitable and qualified for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) for the 2023 academic session should note the following.
Admission Requirements For Postgraduate Diploma(PGD) Programme
Applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
Continue reading to see how to process your UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission Forms
Admission Requirements For Master Degree Programme
Applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with:
(a) CGPA of 2.75 on a five-point scale,
(b) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and
(c) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s degree programme in Architecture.
(d) Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either of the following:
(i) Microbiology with 2.75 CGPA
(ii) Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM)
(iii) MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
Admission Requirements For Doctoral Degree (PhD) Programme
Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60% (B).
- Applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2010 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit passes in ‘O’ Level English Literature.
- All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests which dates would be published later.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificates must be submitted by all applicants.
- Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
- Applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposals should capture the following: Title, Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
- Candidates should remember to request at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript and letters of reference be forwarded to:
University of Uyo,
Akwa Ibom State.
Note: Admissions will not normally be offered without transcripts and letters of reference.
How To Purchase/Apply For Uniuyo Postgraduate Admission Form
The form can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only.
To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) via http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Login form Link and enter your RRR.
Online Registration and Payment Instruction For UNIUYO PG Forms
- Visit http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click on e-portals link)
- Select Admission Forms Link.
- Select e-Form(s) Option.
- Select Programme Type (Example; Masters(Full-Time) etc) as the Admission Form Type.
- Enter your Phone Number, Name and Email.
- Click the PAY NOW button to make payment.
- Payment can be made online or through Bank via Remita Platform.
- After payment return to the online portal and click on Register Link.
- Note your login credentials generated.
- Login and complete your registration.
Relevant Link: UNIUYO Postgraduate Screening Timetable
Applicants are adviced to forward all completed Application Forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form to the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than 90 days from the date of this publication.
Applications received after the above deadline may not be considered.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.