Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for Researchers in Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is currently open for applications.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program allows highly motivated and competitive scholars to pursue their full potential and advance their careers. Banting fellows will be well-positioned to contribute to the continuing growth of Canada’s research capability as well as the nation’s economic and social success once their fellowships are completed.
About Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program In Canada
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides financing to the finest postdoctoral applicants, both domestically and globally, who will contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-focused progress.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s goal is to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent on a national and global scale;
- Develop their leadership potential; and
- Position them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) understands that research has the potential to change people’s lives. As Canada’s health research investment organization, they collaborate with partners and researchers to support discoveries and innovations that improve people’s health and strengthen the health-care system.
Worth/Value of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Every year, 70 fellowship programs are awarded; around 140 grants are ongoing at any given moment.
They’re worth $70,000 each year (taxable)
Eligibility Criteria for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply if they satisfy the following criteria:
- Candidates who are not Canadian nationals or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship award at a Canadian institution.
- Candidates who are Canadian nationals or permanent residents of Canada and who got their PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree program from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship award at a Canadian institution.
- Candidates who are Canadian nations or permanent residents of Canada and who got their PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree program from a Canadian institution may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship award at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Individual application credentials may be submitted in English or French. If another language is required to explain a specific notion (for example, a specialized concept), provide an explanation in French or English.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is distinctive in its emphasis on the interaction between:
- the candidate – their individual merit and prospect to launch a successful research-focused career; and
- the host institution – their devotion to the research program and alignment with the institution’s planned priorities.
A candidate to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program has to complete their application in full partnership with the proposed host institution.
Admission Timelines For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
|April to September 2023||Candidates seek approval from the host institution to apply, prepare and hand in an application (institutions may have internal closing dates).|
|September 22, 2023|
|(20:00 EDT)||Closing date for complete application submission|
|October to December 2023||Evaluation of applications|
|Mid-February 2023||Anticipated notification of results. Candidates will be informed by email when the results are accessible on ResearchNet.|
|April to October 2023||Payments begin|
The deadline for submitting a full application is September 22, 2023. (20:00 EDT).
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.