Chevening Scholarships- Chevening British Library Fellowship calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates for its fully UK funded fellowship programme. See details on how to apply for chevening Scholarships
Chevening British Library Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the British Library, offering international experts a year-long professional project-based placement. Fellows will have the privilege of working with the extensive library’s collections, and benefit from the broad range of professional expertise of library staff. Please note that this fellowship is not suitable for those wanting to pursue their own research.
This fellowship is available in the following countries:
Participating Countries For Chevening Scholarships 2023
|St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
Relevant Link: Google Anita Borg Scholarship
Chevening British Library Fellowship Benefits/Value of Programme
- 12-month period of project-based activity at the British Library
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
- Allowance package for fellowship-related activities
- Up to £1,000 for approved project-related expenses
Who Can Apply For Chevening Scholarships
Outstanding young leaders from all around the world can study for one year for master’s degrees in the UK thanks to Chevening.
If you meet the qualifying standards and other prerequisites, we invite you to apply. There is no preference for gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, parental status, caste, class, or any other characteristics. What counts is your capacity to submit a well-thought-out application that proves both your ability to succeed on a demanding master’s degree in the UK and your ability to articulate a distinct future goal.
Eligibility For Chevening Scholarship Award
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Does Having A Master Degree Prevent Me From Applying?
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfil your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
Chevening Scholarship Screening Process
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here. If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
How to Apply for Chevening British Library Fellowship.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should visit Chevening Scholarship official website for additional information and to apply for Chevening Fellowships
Application Timeline For Chevening Scholarships
From the time applications are due until candidates are conditionally selected for a grant, the selection process for Chevening Scholars typically takes at least eight months. The deadline is November 6th
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.