Commonwealth Masters Scholarships are available to eligible applicants seeking to study for free in the UK. The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2024 in the UK is a splendid opportunity for the brightest minds from the Commonwealth countries to come to the UK and pursue their masters for free.
Purpose Of The Scholarship
The scholarship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO). Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Intended Beneficiaries Of Commonwealth Scholarship
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from eligible low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Why Apply For The Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
This fully-funded UK scholarship enables the students to develop their skills and enhance their knowledge in desired fields without any financial burden on their shoulders. The basic purpose of this Commonwealth scholarship is to promote peace and economic stability among low and middle-income countries. Moreover, the top master’s degree scholarship aims at lifting up the less advantaged people from Commonwealth nations.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)*
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Overview Of The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships In The UK
|The UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
|Master’s Degree Programs
Recommended: Apply For Chevening British Scholarship
Benefits of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2024
- The scholarship covers the return air ticket of the selected candidates.
- Scholarship covers full tuition fees.
- Candidates will get a monthly stipend of £1,236 per month, or £1,516.
- The scholarship also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- Cost of the thesis or dissertation will be covered.
- It provides students with study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- If the candidates are widowed, divorced, or a single parents, the scholarship pays the child £529 per month for the first child and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional allowance for a disabled person
Eligible Countries of the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
|St Vincent and the Grenadines
|Papua New Guinea
Tenure and Placement
The CSC funds one-year taught Master’s programmes only and does not fund MBAs.
Scholarships are made in respect of full-time study only and no other course of study may be undertaken at the same time.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
Candidates must upload the following documents with the application:
- Proof that the applicant is a citizen or has refugee status in an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of a valid passport (or national ID card) showing a photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications, including to-date transcripts for any courses currently being studied, with certified translations if not in English
- References from at least two individuals, on institutional letterhead or an email clearly showing the sender’s details
How To Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2024
- Eligible candidates should apply from any one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations, and Charitable Bodies.
- CSC does not accept direct applications which have not followed the above-mentioned routes.
- Candidates must keep in mind that every nominating body has different eligibility criteria, so they must check the eligibility requirement of their nominating body as well.
- Candidates have to apply through CSC online application system.
The CSC applications and applications required by the nominating bodies are different and the candidates have to apply for both.
- Applications not submitted via CSC online application system will not be accepted.
Also See: How To Process UK Student Visa
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline for the scholarship is 18 October 2024.
FAQs On Commonwealth Masters Scholarship
What is Commonwealth Scholarship?
The Commonwealth Scholarship is an initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and UK Universities to encourage students from countries Commonwealth nations, to apply for Masters and doctorate programs of their choice in universities of the UK.
How many students are selected for Commonwealth Scholarship?
Each year, around 800 students are given the chance to undertake postgraduate degrees with UK universities through the Commonwealth Scholarship.
How hard is it to get a Commonwealth Scholarship?
As an experienced education agent, we understand that to be a Commonwealth Scholar is tough but not impossible. As one of the major selection criteria for commonwealth scholarships is academic merit; you must have the minimum eligible score to apply for the scholarships.
Is there an interview for commonwealth Masters scholarship?
Applications for the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship are accepted through a nomination process. Eligible applicants must not be able to afford education in UK universities without financial support. Selections are based on academic merit, personal statement, references, and interviews (if required).
Can I stay in UK after Commonwealth Scholarship?
The CSC will consider a request to extend your leave to remain in the UK after your award only if you wish to move from Master’s to PhD study. Strict conditions will apply. The CSC cannot provide a letter of support or permission for you to remain in the UK after your award to enable you to work.
What are the benefits of Commonwealth Scholarship?
The scholars will receive airfare from home country to the UK and return. They will receive tuition and examination fees. They will receive a living allowance/stipend worth GBP 1084 per month and GBP 1330 for students at London metropolitan area.
How do I get a commonwealth Masters scholarship?
Candidates are required to apply online at the following portals: https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/
Is IELTS necessary for Commonwealth Scholarship?
No. However, applicant has to fulfil his/her intended university requirement.
How much does Commonwealth Scholarship pay?
Each Scholarship provides approved tuition and examination fees, approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, stipend at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area
What is the age limit for Commonwealth Scholarship?
There is no upper age limit to be eligible for the Commonwealth Scholarship Award.
How does Commonwealth Scholarship work?
Commonwealth Scholarships are given to talented individuals with the potential to make a positive impact on the global stage.
Is an offer letter required for Commonwealth Scholarship?
Yes. Student should have an offer letter with them, either conditional or unconditional while applying for the scholarship.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.