UK Student Visa | Apply For The Current Session
How To Apply For A United Kingdom Visa
UK Student Visa is now accessible to students who want to study in the UK. If you are reading this article, then you are looking for information on how to get a UK Student Visa. First, congratulations are in order, because this means that after a lot of hard work, you have been admitted to a university in the United Kingdom. But before you begin packing your bags, and thinking about booking flights, you have to ensure you have the relevant paperwork ready.
This article is meant to provide you a detailed guide to make your application process for UK Student Visa as easy and less demanding as possible.
Apply to a UK institution and obtain your letter of admission
If you’re still not certain about the school you want to study at in the UK, you must make a decision before you can think about applying for a UK student visa. After securing admission at a university, you will get a letter of admission needed for the visa application.
Check if you would need a visa to school in the UK
Brexit came with a lot of confusion, especially among foreign scholars who are looking to school or are prior to now studying a program in the UK. But we’ll do our best to clarify the changes and who needs a UK Student Visa:
EU/EEA and Swiss students
- If you get to the UK prior to 31 December 2020, you don’t need to get a visa.
- If you get to the UK on or later than 1 January 2021, you might need to get a visa.
- If you started your program prior to 31 December 2020 and want to keep on studying after 1 January 2021, you will have to put in for a settlement scheme prior to 30 June 2021.
- People from Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein might take advantage of the same rules, but they are advised to always check what visa regulations apply to them.
Based on how long their programs take, non-EU/EEA scholars are expected to apply either for a Short-Term Study Visa or a General Student Visa (also referred to Tier 4 Student Visa).
To find out if you need a UK Student Visa, the easiest way is to use the online tool on the UK Government website.
Research on what type of visa you would need to study in the UK
These are the 2 types of UK Student Visa for which you might have to apply to:
- Short-Term Study Visa (issuable for 6 or 11 months) – for scholars whose plan is to enrol in a short language course or engage in a short period of research as part of a degree programme.
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – for scholars who are admitted to an academic degree program (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program). The Tier 4 Student Visa does not come with a standard period of validity; how long your program takes determines the length of this visa.
Australian Student Visa
New Zealand Student Visa
When and where to put in for UK student visa?
There are two options for getting your UK Student Visa. You can submit application for a student visa at the UK embassy in your nation or you can apply for it online, on the official UK Government website.
Based on where you come from, you might be required to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to obtain a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.
Tips about my visa application
- Bear in mind that as 1 January 2021 draws near, the visa application process could change. For latest information, always visit the official UK Government website.
- Normally, it can take up to 3 weeks to get the Tier 4 Student Visa. But dependent on the place you are making the application from, you are should start the visa application 3 months earlier.
- Be certain you have the certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your school before submitting application for the UK Student Visa.
- Be certain you get all the details before you begin the application procedure.
- Make sure the institution you are applying to has a license from the government.
- Universities normally have trained visa advisors that are available to answer your questions about the Tier 4 student visa and help you through the application stage.
Requirements to obtain a Tier 4 visa
- Be over 16 years old
- Speak, read, and understand English
- Have enough money to finance yourself during your education
- Possess an unconditional offer of study from an accredited school in the UK
Language requirements for studying in the UK
To make it known that your comprehension of spoken and written English satisfies British visa conditions, you will need to pass a secure English language test (SELT).
Exception: for people coming from certain nations, substantiation of English adeptness may not be needed if they’ve gotten a qualification equivalent to a UK degree.
Documents required for a UK Student Visa
- Completed visa application form
- Passport or valid travel documentationOne passport-sized photograph
- Indication that you can finance yourself for the extent of your stay in the UK: 1,265 GBP each month if you stay in London and 1,015 GBP each month for all other parts of the UK
- Parental permission, if you’re not up to 18 years old
- Tuberculosis test results (for citizens of some nations)
- Receipt of payment of the fee for visa application: 348 GBP
- Immigration Health Surcharge: £150 for each year of study
- Self-assessment form Appendix 8 with attached documents. (not required if you apply online)
Apply For UK Scholarships For International Students
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.