Andrea Levy Scholarships is now open for application for eligible applicants. The University of Edinburgh is offering scholarships to support Black African and Caribbean heritage applicants from socio-economically challenged backgrounds. The scholarship is made possible by a gift from the family of the late Andrea Levy.
The Andrea Levy Scholarship is designed to help with your living expenses, and to fully cover your tuition fees, throughout your degree program in the United Kingdom. For applicants looking for scholarships to study in the UK, Andrea Levy Scholarship comes highly recommended
Eligibility For Andrea Levy Scholarships:
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- have one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black Caribbean; Black African; Black Other; Mixed – White/Black Caribbean; Mixed – White /Black African; or Other mixed background that includes Caribbean heritage. Applicants with any form of Caribbean heritage are particularly encouraged to apply.
- be starting a first undergraduate full time degree programme at the University of Edinburgh in the 2024-25 academic year.
- have been assessed for fee status as a ‘home’ student (meaning that you ordinarily live in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland).
- poses a household income below £34,000 per annum.
Eligible Countries: International
Recommended: Goldman Sachs Internship – Apply Now
Value/Worth of The Award:
The Scholarship will cover:
- Your tuition fees and
- A stipend of £5,000 per annum to help with your living expenses
Method of Application:
As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to confirm the following information:
- Full name
- Student number (e.g. S1234567) or if not known your UCAS number
- Programme of study
- Name of School or College you are currently attending
- Email address
- Confirmation that you have applied, been assessed for and expect to be in receipt of the maximum level of support from the government through Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance (England, Wales or Northern Ireland) for tuition fees and maintenance loans and that you have provided consent to share your information with the University.
- A confirmation that this is your first undergraduate degree programme, and you have not started a degree programme previously
- Confirmation you understand external representatives supporting this scholarship will be reviewing your application and any submitted documentation as part of the selection process.
- Agreement that your UCAS references (personal and supporting statements) will be used as part of the selection process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview to discuss their aspirations and to answer any questions they have. Further information and guidance will follow.
How To Apply For Andrea Levy Scholarships
Applicants are to visit the official scholarship page and complete the application form accordingly
You may want to learn how to process your UK Student Visa for the current session.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.