Government of Canada Scholarships For Students 2023/2024
Apply To Study In Canada
Government of Canada Scholarships is open for application from both international and Canadian students for the current academic session.
The scholarships is offered to international students to study in Canada- and Canadian student who wants to finance their studies abroad.
For those who want to study in Canada, this is fantastic news! We are writing to notify you that Government of Canada Scholarships is open for applications from both international students and Canadian students. We will discuss the scholarship, its value, eligibility, and application process in this post.
Why Apply For The Government Of Canada Scholarship
Global Affairs Canada is responsible for the participation of the Government of Canada Scholarships in major international scholarship programs. The government’s mission is to encourage understanding among people, develop global citizens, support leaders, and contribute to the development of nations.
Related: Tuition Free Universities In Canada
Government of Canada
The Government consists of ministers of the Crown and is chaired by the prime minister. The sovereign appoints the members of the Cabinet on the advice of the prime minister who, by convention, are selected from the House of Commons or, less often, the Senate.
Worth of Scholarships
The Government of Canada Scholarships is valued at CAD 10,200 or CAD 12,700 depending on study duration.
Use of Funds
The funds should be used towards;
- visa or study-work permit fees,
- airfare for the scholarship recipient only through the most direct and economical route,
- health insurance,
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities, and food,
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the candidate’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Also Read: Fully Funded Scholarships Abroad For International Students
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarships
To be eligible for Government of Canada Scholarships, you must be from one of the following eligible countries/territories:
Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Tanzani, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Ethiopia, Uganda.
Requirements to apply for the scholarship
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in a qualified country/territory paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange to be qualified
- Note that the Canadian post-secondary institution must be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- Applicants must have a valid student exchange agreement with the applicant’s home institution that waives tuition fees for scholarship recipients. For
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements to be qualified for Government of Canada Scholarships.
Relevant: Loans For International Students In Canada
List Of Government Of Canada Scholarships
|Scholarship Name||Eligible Applicants||Who Applies|
|Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) – for mid-career professionals||Mid-career professionals from ASEAN countries||Individual candidates|
|Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) – for students||Students from ASEAN countries||Canadian institution|
|Study in Canada Scholarships||Students from: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine||Canadian institution|
|Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships||Students from CARICOM countries||Canadian colleges and institutes|
|Canada-China Scholars’ Exchange Program||Chinese graduates, teachers, researchers and senior professionals||Individual candidates|
|Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program||Students from Latin America and the Caribbean||Canadian institution|
|Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program||Faculty or staff at post-secondary institutions in CARICOM countries||Canadian institution|
How to Apply for Government of Canada Scholarships
- Visit educanad.ca
- Choose Canada as your study or research destination and explore the scholarship opportunities available to support the best and brightest to come to Canada.
- Explore the database by country of origin to find scholarships, fellowships or funding opportunities made available by Global Affairs Canada and other Canadian federal government departments.
- Note that the scholarships is segmented into:
Students and Postdoctoral Researchers: Awards available to international students for study and research in Canada
Faculty and Researchers: Awards for faculty to conduct research in Canada or abroad
Academic Institutions: Awards for students to study in Canada
The application deadline for the scholarship varies.
You may want to explore other open scholarships in Canada.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.
I really want to study in Canada. Please I need help to get Canada visa
Kindly go through the guideline on securing your Canada Student Visa