How to Get Accredited to Work in Canada

FAQs On Getting Accredited To Work In Canada

How to get accredited to work in Canada occupies the thought of most intending immigrant. This is followed by how to access international student loans in Canada.

Do you wish to apply for a job in Canada but aren’t sure if accreditation is required or how to obtain it?
When it comes to obtaining a qualifying employment in Canada, the Canadian immigration procedure is quite particular. Certain professions, such as those in medicine and the skilled crafts, need certification. This is to verify that your abilities are comparable to Canadian norms.

How Fast Can I Get Accredited To Work In Canada?

Finding the proper job and immigration program for you might make it possible for you to work in Canada. The difficult aspect is ensuring that you have all of the essential supporting papers and that you submit them with an accurate and comprehensive application. One in every four Canadian visas is denied merely because criteria and deadlines are not completed, as well as instructions are not followed.

This is why it is critical to have your application properly evaluated by reputable specialists before submitting it. Immigration attorneys and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) will not only be able to assist you pick from over 100 immigration and visa programs, but they will also be able to tell you precisely what you need to apply, whether you require accreditation or not. You might want to explore easiest ways of relocating to Canada to get relevant tips.

Who Needs Canadian Accreditation?

If you fall into one of the following groups, your qualifications must be evaluated for possible accreditation.

  • Plan to move to Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker;
  • Plan to reside and work in a certain profession or trade in Canada; or
  • You intend to study in Canada.

What Credentials Are Required For Canadian Accreditation?

Credentials that must be evaluated include:

  • Education (if completed outside of Canada);
  • Work experience; or
  • Professional credentials.

How Are Jobs In Canada Segmented?

Jobs in Canada are segmented in regulated and unregulated.

Regulated Jobs In Canada

In Canada, regulated jobs are overseen by provincial, territorial, and occasionally federal legislation, as well as regulatory organizations or learning authority.

Approximately 20% of all employment in Canada are regulated professions, skilled crafts, or skills in training, such as architects, plumbers, and engineers fall within the regulated category.
It is critical that they be controlled in order to protect public health and safety, as well as to ensure that personnel are qualified.

Work Requirements For A Regulated Job In Canada

To pursue a regulated profession in Canada, you will require the following requirements.

  • A permit or certificate; or
  • Be registered with the regulatory agency for the province or territory in which you wish to work.

Please note that the criteria may vary from province to province and will be evaluated on their own terms (on a case-by-case basis), but in general, they include:

  • Having your training and abilities evaluated against job standards, which is accomplished by comparing your training to that offered by Canadian colleges and universities.
  • You will be required to provide your actual academic transcripts as well as other associated papers such as university course descriptions, as well as have your language and communication abilities assessed by written tests, an interview, or both.
  • A set amount of supervised work experience.

Are Trade Workers Eligible For Regulated Jobs?

Workers in the skilled trades may be qualified to apply for the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
Based on your profession, such as baker, carpenter, or electrician, you may require a Red Seal.

How to get accredited as a Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

To work in Canada, federal skilled employees must obtain Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs). This covers any academic credentials obtained outside of Canada, such as a: diploma; certificate; foreign degree; or other proof of your qualifications.
Certain professions in Canada also need the assessment and accreditation of your abilities and training.

Non-Regulated Jobs In Canada

Non-regulated jobs in Canada do not often necessitate accreditation; nevertheless, your Canadian employer may seek it. This is why, regardless of your work criteria, it is preferable to obtain accreditation because it may increase your chances of being employed.

Canadian Jobs Requiring Accreditation

Canadian Jobs Requiring Accreditation 

Professional Jobs
Registered Nurses
Trade Jobs
Industrial butchers

Note: It is important to highlight that language abilities in English and/or French are required for any career or profession. Unfortunately, talents alone are insufficient for certain occupations. It is more crucial to determine what degree of language abilities you should have dependent on your occupation.

How to Get Accredited to Work in Canada

The process for getting accredited to work in Canada is well captured in the next paragraph. Five (5) steps were carefully crafted to analyse the process.

Credential Assessment Process In Canada

Step 1: Create a job market report

Job Bank, the official government job search platform, may be used to generate a report. You will be able to obtain information about your major functions, wages, whether regulated or not, training needs and skills, as well as contact information for your regulating body or learning authority.

Step 2: Find your occupational profile

Visit the CICIC website to learn more about your unique professional profile. Simply enter your occupation or the National Occupational Classification code, as well as the province or territory in which you wish to work. This will inform you whether or not your occupation is regulated, your skill level and type, and whether or not you require a red stamp (exchanges).

Step 3: Contact a regulatory body

The next step is to get in touch with your selected provincial council or Canadian regulatory authority to find out exactly what training, abilities, or certification you need to get authorized. Some of these, such as language exams, may be completed before you arrive in Canada.

Step 4: Gather your documents

Some of the following documents may be required:
degrees, diplomas, or certificates issued by Universities, colleges, secondary schools, and trade schools.


  • Grade transcripts
  • Program summaries
  • Syllabus pertaining to your study
  • Professional and other regulating bodies’ letters
  • Apprenticeships or professional licenses

letters of recommendation and performance evaluations

Based on the requirement of your regulatory board, you may be required to provide translated papers in English and/or French. Make certain that you;

  • Use an approved translation service (if necessary, you will be charged for the translation),
  • Offer them original papers or if you will need a lawyer to notarize copies, and
  • Produce certified copies.

Step 5: Consult an approved assessment agency

If having your qualifications reviewed isn’t part of the application process for your license, you might want to consider utilizing an approved assessment service. This will indicate if you:

  • need to improve your abilities or education to work in your occupation;
  • should consider searching for a different job in your field; or
  • should look for a job in a different field.

In order not to miss out on prompt updates from, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.

A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.

Related Articles

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »