Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is offering scholarships to students or applicants wishing to study at the United States International University. The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Award: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria For Mastercard Scholarships
To be eligible, applicants must;
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities;
- Academic talent,
- Commitment to giving back,
- Leadership potential
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education.
- Must be an African
- Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health sciences
- Must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
- International applicants must meet the equivalent specified above.
- Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved undergraduate degree programs listed below.
Approved Programs At United States International University-Africa
The following are Scholars Program at USIU-Africa
School of Science and Technology (SST)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Animation
- Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
Chandaria School of Business (CSOB)
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS)
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Worth of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Recommended: Apply For Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships
The program intake is twice a year (May and September semesters).
An advert for the ‘Call for Applications’ will be rolled out 5 months before the intake.
The process takes 6 stages:
- Review of applications
- University Admissions
Recommended: Apply For Google Apprenticeship Programs
How To Apply
- Interested applicants can download the application form the USIU-Africa website; https://www.usiu.ac.ke/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program.
- Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email
- Ensure that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format.
- Send the application with your name and nationality as the email subject to: [email protected] or
- Drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica.
You may want to explore other scholarship opportunities
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.