The Google SVA Scholarship was established by Google as part of their commitment to military veterans, in partnership with Student Veterans of America.
The program offers support to student veterans who are pursuing computer science degrees at American universities. Students that are chosen will each earn $10,000 USD for the current academic year.
Who Can Apply For Google SVA Scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- A current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve) as proven by a DD-214 and transcript, or a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are currently in good standing with your unit and transcript
- Has received an honorable discharge, or is in good standing with his/her branch of service
Application Process For Apply For Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship
You will be asked to complete an online application through Student Veterans of America which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- DD Form 2-14 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214), or Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer that you are currently in good standing with your unit
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three short essay questions (see keywords to use for scholarship essays)
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Terms & Conditions of Google SVA Scholarships
The Google SVA Scholarship is administered by SVA. Please see SVA’s website for complete information on the scholarship.
Worth of Scholarship
Successful applicants will be awarded the sum of $10,000 each
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.