Students with Disabilities Scholarship is sponsored by Google’s education and scholarship programs. By removing obstacles that keep students from pursuing careers in computing and technology, the initiative hopes to motivate and assist students in becoming future leaders in these disciplines.
Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship
In order to support university students with disabilities in achieving their academic goals in the field of computer science, google has teamed with EmployAbility, a nonprofit that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and lucrative professions.
Who Can Apply For Students With Disabilities Scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the current academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe or Israel for the current academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
Application Process For Students With Disabilities Scholarship
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three short essay questions (see keywords to use for scholarship essays)
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Terms And Conditions
- The Google Europe Students with Disabilities Scholarship is open to qualified students who meet the eligibility criteria. Students with disabilities interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the current academic year.
- Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Google will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
Privacy Policies On Google Scholarships
- Applicants agree that any Personal Information collected in connection with the online application form may be used by Google for purposes of processing applications for the Students with Disabilities Scholarship and analysis of program productivity.
- Additionally, applicants agree that this Personal Information may be shared with Google’s partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, licensees and assigns for the purposes of organising and administering the Scholarship.
- Applicants acknowledge that Google may transfer any of the applicants Personal Information outside of the European Economic Area.
- Eligible applicants further understand that they may be contacted by Google in relation to internships, full-time job opportunities, and other university programs communication should they opt-in to receive them.
- Successful applicants agree that Google may, from time to time, use their name and/or refer to their university in Google’s promotional materials relating to future scholarship programs.
How To Apply
For further information, questions, or to submit an application, please visit EmployAbility’s website.
Worth of Scholarship
Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the current academic year.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.