Shell Petroleum Development Company Scholarship 2023
Apply For Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
Shell Petroleum Development Company Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) with an objective to provide opportunities for qualifying students from Niger Delta states, to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, is delighted to announce the eight annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States.
SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
For the academic year commencing September, 2023, SPDC in partnership with two universities in the UK-Imperial College London and the University of Leeds will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc studies. Awards will also be made to the University College, London.
Value/Worth of Shell Petroleum Development Company Scholarship
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only. The stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
SPDC Scholarship Scheme 2023 Participating Institutions And Their Courses
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions
|University College London||MSc Chemical/Process Engineering.|
|MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy).|
|MSc Civil Engineering (Geotechnics).|
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering.|
|MSc Petroleum Geoscience.|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics.|
|MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering.|
Eligibility Criteria For SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials.
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- Currently reside in Nigeria.
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2023.
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the
- Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the local Nigerian consultant.
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigeria consultant
How To Apply For Shell Petroleum Development Company Scholarship
- Submit application for admission to any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively, following a formal offer of admission by the university (except the University College, London).
- Imperial College London and the University of Leeds respectively will process applications and select candidates to attend interview before being considered for final selection.
- For the University College, London Only, written e-mail applications will be made directly to the local Nigerian consultant at the mailbox: [email protected], following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The local Nigerian consultant will send the application form to applicants by email and process returned applications, then select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than 30th April
Links To Participating Universities
Applicants should follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Imperial College London
University College London
University of Leeds
This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that neither SPDC nor any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the individual universities.
Application Closing Date
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.