Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for 2024 Academic Session -Applications are currently ongoing for the 2024 Shell (SPDC) Undergraduate Scholarship.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course.
The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Eligibility Criteria For SPDC-Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Applicant must have a minimum score of 200 in JAMB
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in ‘Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
Field of Study
Eligible for all first degree programmes offered in accredited Nigerian universities.
Duration for Scholarship
The Scholarship is renewed every year until the graduation of awardees.
Eligible Candidates for SPDC-Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarship
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
National Merit Award (NM):
Open to all Nigerians.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE):
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW):
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e. of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas) and Delta States.
Relevant Link: SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
Worth of SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship
#75,000 per session
Application Process/Instructions For SPDC Scholarship
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the entry qualifications above should apply online, and provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter, Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores (Original JAMB Result Slip that shows your passport photograph);
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by: The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW).
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
- Document size must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPG
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates can proceed to make their application via Shell Scholarship Webpage
All applications should be submitted on or before Wednesday 12 November 2018
Additional Tips On SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
- Shell does not assign Representatives/Agents to assist applicants’ process applications.
You may want to explore other scholarship options
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.