SMEDAN Loan is available for SME entrepreneurs in need of support to finance their business. Are you in search of a guide on how to apply for the ongoing Federal Government SMEDAN loan? If yes, below is the outline step by step process for registering and getting your small or large businesses funded with the Federal Government SMEDAN loan.
What is SMEDAN?
SMEDAN – Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency Of Nigeria was established by Federal Government to promote the development of small and large enterprises to grow the Nigeria Economy.
SMEDAN Loan Application
The scheme was created to help small and medium scale businesses and business owners by providing them the right tools for faster growth. Register your business and start enjoying these benefits today.
Benefits Of Applying For SMEDAN Loan
The schemes gives access to loans from multiple providers, grants from governmental and private organizations, and insurance.
Private Sector Benefits
SMEDAN gives you access to private sector benefits like training and educational content by professionals, consultants, private investments opportunities and more.
The program provides business support from the government. These supports include conditional grants and many more.
What Is The Mandate Of SMEDAN?
The mandate of SMEDAN as contained in the enabling Act can be summarized as follows:
- Stimulating, monitoring and coordinating the development of the MSMEs sub-sector;
- Initiating and articulating policy ideas for small and medium enterprises growth and development;
- Promoting and facilitating development programmes, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operations;
- Serving as vanguard for rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creation and enhanced livelihoods;
- Linking MSMEs to internal and external sources of finance, appropriate technology, technical skills as well as to large enterprises;
- Promoting and providing access to industrial infrastructures such as layouts, incubators, industrial parks;
- Inter-mediating between MSMEs and Government;
- Working in contact with other institutions in both public and private sector to create a good enabling environment of business in general, and MSME activities in particular.
Guiding Principles Of SMEDAN
- Outreach: We like to reach as many MSMEs as are crucial and imperative to achieve the goal of an MSME led economic growth, industrialization and job creation
- Sustainability: We deliberately create exit strategies, whenever necessary to avoid over-dependence on subsidy
- Impact: We are committed to delivering measurable results
- Efficiency: We cherish quality service delivery by our Agency on one hand, and the MSMEs on the other, in the most cost-efficient manner.
SMEDAN Loan Requirements
- A registered business name
- Your Business Registration Number ( RC or BN)
- State in which the business operates
- Type of Business
- Age of Business(Number of years of operation)
- Phone Number and your government name
- SMEDAN Unique Identification Number
How To Get SMEDAN Unique Identification Number
To access a SMEDAN loan, you must register your business with SMEDAN and get access to government and private sector benefits.
The following are steps on how to get your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number:
- Visit smedan registration portal at smedanregister.ng/register
- The below information will be required to continue the registration. Ensure you provided SMEDAN with the accurate information.
- Business Name
- Phone number
- Business premises you operate from
- Business Type
- Product or Service
- Evidence of registration with CAC?
- Business by assets value
- Number of staff
- Business Owner Information
- Office address
- Provide and fill in the above-required information and click on submit. After successful registration, SMEDAN will send an an email to you containing your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN)
How to Retrieve your lost SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN)
- Login to the email you used in your SMEDAN registration process
- Search with the word “SMEDAN.” and you should see a confirmation email from SMEDAN
- Kindly open the email, and it should contain your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN).
- Ensure to save your SUIN carefully in other not to lose it again.
Which Agencies Does SMEDAN Collaborates With?
The following are partners of SMEDAN:
- National Planning Commission (NPC)National Bureau of Statistics
- National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP)
- New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD), Nigeria.
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology
- Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO)
- National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP)
- Raw Materials Research and Development Council (RMRDC)
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Nigeria Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
- Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity
- National Directorate of Employment (NDE)
- Federal Ministry of Commerce and Industry (FMCI)
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC)
- Nigerian Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA)
- Standards Organisation Of Nigeria (SON)
- Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Bank of Agriculture (BOA)
- National Economic Reconstruction Fund (NERFUND)
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
- Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
- Federal Ministry of Youth Development
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- Federal Ministry of Health
- National Agency for Food and Drug Administration & Control (NAFDAC)
- State Governments: (State Ministries of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, Tax, Land, Property/Physical
- Development, Investment Agencies/Departments)
- Local Governments
- Business Associations/Organizations
- African Business Roundtable (ABR)
- Nigerian Economic Summit Group
- National Association of Women in Business (NAWIB)
- Nigeria Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME)
- Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mine and Agriculture (NACCIMA)
- National Association of Small Scale Industrialists (NASSI)
- Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN)
- Nigerian Association of Women Entrepreneurs (NAWE)
- International Development Partners (World Bank, JICA, GTZ, DFID, ADB, UNDP, UNIDO
How To Complete SMEDAN Loan Registration Form
SMEDAN gives you access to government and private sector benefits to help you grow your small or medium scale business faster.
We urge you to visit the SMEDAN official webpage, register and join thousands of Nigerians already enjoying loans and funding benefits.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.