Unclaimed Scholarships: “Can scholarships go unclaimed?” I’m sure that’s the question on your lips.
The truth is that there are thousands, if not millions, of fully funded scholarships and partially funded scholarships available, and approximately 70% of them go unclaimed each year.
These scholarships are available to typical students like you; there are also odd, unique, or weird scholarships, such as redhead scholarships for students with red hair, left-handed scholarships, and spectacles scholarships.
As a result, this post will provide you with information about the most under explored scholarships that go unclaimed.
Of course, this includes several scholarships for black students that go unclaimed since no one applies for them.
What Scholarships Go Unclaimed?
The only scholarships that go unclaimed are those with extremely rigorous selection requirements that only apply to a small number of candidates. Unfortunately, the majority of financial aid experts agree that unclaimed scholarships are more myth than reality. While some do exist, many students will not be able to meet their constraints and requirements.
According to some estimates, there are millions of dollars in unpaid scholarship funds each year. Others, most notably those in higher education, argue that the notion of a large number of unclaimed scholarships is perpetuated by fraudulent firms that charge students for scholarship searches.
Funding Options For Students
So, you’re a college student, right? Maybe you’re a senior in high school planning to enroll in college shortly. You’re probably thinking about how you’ll pay for school.
To be honest, it’s a genuine issue, given the expense of attending college is rapidly rising faster than inflation.
Regardless, there are a variety of options for funding your education, one of which is asking for government financial aid. Scholarship and grants are other options.
Why Do Scholarships Go Unclaimed?
The truth is that there are a variety of reasons why scholarships go unclaimed. When this happens, their scholarship funds are taken over by the university, organization, or government. This can be attributed to a number of factors:
- The scholarship was not awarded to anyone.
- Most scholarships go unclaimed because no one applies.
- Some legit scholarships, on the other hand, go unclaimed because their value is low or they aren’t fully funded. As a result, students seek out large-value scholarships in order to cash out once and for all.
- Furthermore, most scholarship application processes might be difficult to complete. On the other hand, their eligibility requirements are far too stringent for most students to meet, forcing them to settle for the easier options.
- Because they are unpopular, the majority of these scholarships go unnoticed by students. Many people aim for the large prizes, such as MasterCard, Commonwealth, and Rhodes Scholarships. This invariably adds “Non-major scholarships” to the list of unclaimed scholarships.
- Finally, each year, scholarships go unclaimed because the scholarship’s requirements are so stringent that it doesn’t attract applicants.
Finding Unclaimed Scholarships
If you don’t apply for unclaimed scholarships, you’ll miss out on them, just like with other scholarships.
- Hence, if you’re seeking for scholarships that no one applies to in 2024, you should check out Careerinfos. We are dedicated to providing you with the best scholarship program as well as other academic resources.
- You can also use Google to find information. Simply type “scholarship” into the search box, along with any other search terms you think would help you acquire financing, such as academic accomplishment, leadership experience, ethnicity, or athletic skill. Alternatively, you can conduct a focused scholarship search for your university, major, or hometown.
- Using a free scholarship search engine, such as the Careerinfos, is another useful way to find scholarships.
- However, be wary of websites that charge a fee for their services; this is almost always a hoax. Instead, use trusted websites that have been operating for a long time and provide free access to tens of thousands of scholarships.
- Also, be wary of scholarship programs that claim to provide “premium access to millions of dollars in unclaimed college scholarships” for a price.
Related: Scholarships For Nursing Students
Unclaimed College Scholarship Sites
In addition, we have compiled a list of websites to look for unclaimed scholarships based on our findings.
- Fast Web
- Scholarship Owl
Top Unclaimed College Scholarships
It is a well-known truth that most scholarships go unclaimed each year for the reasons indicated above. You may not have heard of them, believe me. Let’s look at a few of them more closely:
Scholarships That Go Unclaimed
|Ages Foundation Research Fellowship and Bursaries
|Beaverbrook Scholars Award
|Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
|BMW Engineering Scholarship
|Canadian College and University Fair
|Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
|Check Your (Re)flex Scholarship Awards Contest
|De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women
|Dr Pepper Tuition Giveaway
|Doodle 4 Google Scholarship
|Duct Tape: Stuck at Prom Scholarship
|Electrical Industry Scholarships
|Foot Locker Scholars Program
|HireAHelper Skilled Trade & Technology Scholarships
|Jean Murray-Moray Sinclair Theatre Scholarship Program
|Laura Ulluriaq Gauthier Scholarship
|Laurier Scholars Program
|Manulife Life Lessons Scholarship
|Nordson BUILDS Scholarship
|Starbucks College Achievement Plan
|TELUS Innovation Scholarship
|Toronto Regional Real Estate Board’s (TREBB) Past President’s Scholarship
|The $25,000 “Be Bold” No Essay Scholarship
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.