Assistant Teacher Application from eligible applicants is being solicited for. The current phase of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative is now underway, and the education department is accepting applications for teaching assistant positions. Here are more details to ensure that you meet the requirements for the Assistant Teacher Application and don’t miss out on the opportunity.
Submitting The Assistant Teacher Application
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has advised qualifying candidates to submit their Phase 4 applications for the Education Assistants programme.
The initiative introduced as part of the government’s effort to provide a chance for the young people to gain skills as well as meaningful work experience.
Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI) Application
In order to qualify for the BEEI teacher assistant program applicants must meet the requirements outlined below:
- Be a South African resident aged between 18 – 34 years old.
- Live within 5km of an urban school or within 30km of a rural/farm school.
- Be anyone who did not participate in any of the previous Phases.
Vacancies At Presidential Youth Employment Initiative
More than 200 000 vacancy posts to become an education or general school assistant at schools through will be made available.
Why Should I Complete the Assistant Teacher Application
Participating candidates employed during Phase Four will receive a stipend of R4081. 44 per month. During February and March of 2024, stipends will be paid from unspent funds left over from the previous phase.
Recommended: Submit SAYouth Datafree Application
How Can I Apply for the Assistant Teacher Position
- All applications must be done online and not at any schools.
- Successful applicants will undergo orientation and online training in December 2023 and the first two weeks of January 2024.
- Visit to sayouth.mobi to create a profile and submit your application
Required Documents For Assistant Teacher Application
The following documents must be prepared by those chosen for shortlisting:
- Academic resume (CV)
- Testimonials (former school, local chief, church leader, etc) valid police clearance documents
- While awaiting the police clearance, the applicant must swear or declare that they have no criminal history.
- Certified credentials like the Matric (where applicable: NQF Level 4 qualification certificate, for Education
- Assistant applicants with NQF level 6 and 7 an added advantage)
- Certified copy of a passport or identification document.
FAQs On Applying For Teaching Assistant Jobs
What is the work of an assistant teacher?
A teacher assistant provides support to a lead teacher in charge of a classroom. Their duties include creating lesson plans, documenting progress, and overseeing lesson preparations.
Is teaching assistant a good job?
Yes. Teaching assistants play a vital role in schools all over the country. Not only is a rewarding and flexible role, but it is also a great way to experience life in the classroom before deciding to train to be a teacher
Who qualifies for teacher assistant?
Candidates are required to be between the age of 18 and 35 and must not be in education and training and not receiving any form of government grant.
Can you be a teaching assistant with no qualifications?
There are no compulsory qualifications or experience required for becoming a teaching assistant.
What skills do you need to be a teaching assistant?
The following are skills and experience you’ll need
- An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour.
How do I write a cover letter for a teaching assistant job?
This is how to write a teaching assistant cover letter
- Address the reader directly
- Introduce yourself.
- State your qualifications.
- Explain why you’re an ideal candidate.
- Thank the reader and conclude.
- Re-read your cover letter.
- Maintain clarity.
- Be persuasive.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.