CAO Application 2023/2024 | How to Apply
CAO Online & Offline Application
CAO Application for 2023 is now available to aspirants. Download Central Applications Office Application Form 2023/2024 Academic Session. CAO application form is also available in pdf for an easy download.
You can get assistance on this page with the following: CAO application status, CAO application opening and closing dates for admission in 2023, CAO application login, CAO status checking, CAO my application status, and CAO international/foreign students requirements in 2023.
The Management of Central Applications Office (CAO) has opened the CAO application portal for June 2023 and January 2024.
Recommended: Careers And Subject Required
Check CAO Programme List
The programme list can be accessed from two sources, the first source is through the website and the second is through the CAO handbook. The CAO programme list has been successfully uploaded online.
SOURCE 1: CAO Programme List On CAO Website
- Click on the “Programme list” option on the left navigation bar
- Use the filters to search for programmes by institution, exam type, working personality or career direction OR
- Enter the specific programme name or code if you know it
SOURCE 2: CAO Handbook
- The programme choice list is divided according to career directions.
- Career Options are divided into two sections.
- The first with the BLUE heading contains programmes at universities and universities of technology and
- The second with the ORANGE heading contains programmes at private colleges
- To find a programme, look up the field of study, for example, Sport, in the Index (pages 210 to 214) and then go directly to the page/s specified. Programmes are grouped according to the level of study within each career direction.
Also Read: How To Complete TUT Application Form
Programmes Offered At CAO
- Shorter course study
- NC(V) study
- Nated Certificate & Diploma study (Report 191 Programmes)
- Certificate study
- Diploma study
- Degree study
- B Tech/M Tech study (programmes for people with a diploma or a degree)
Postgraduate Programe At CAO
Consult the institution about courses that aren’t included on this website or in this Handbook if you’re interested in postgraduate study. For persons who are already employed as educators or nurses, there are also some shorter courses and programs available.
Contents Of CAO Programme List
The full name of the programme, for example, B Com Accounting (4 yr).
Colour codes in programme name
Pink: Part-time study
Brown: A new programme awaiting approval from DHET/Senate at the time of this Handbook being published. Contact the institution to confirm if the programme will be offered.
Courses That Require 20 Points Or Less
CAO Programme Code
There are six characters in the alpha-numeric code. It is connected to a particular program at a certain academic campus. The institution’s name is denoted by the first two letters, and the campus is denoted by the third letter. The program can be determined by the final three letters or numerals.
Related: Tips For Completing Anglo American Learnership Form
How To Process Process CAO Application 2023/2024
The 2023 CAO application form is currently available to applicants who wish to enroll in the institution.
If you have already submitted an application form, please do not submit a duplicate application via the Internet.
The CAO will only accept one application form from you for a specific entry year and term.
Have your school and tertiary study details handy before you start.
Applying With CAO
CAO application can be done in three ways. The application can be done online through the website, through hard copy application form and through the mobile application.
CAO Online Application Process
- Go to our website: www.cao.ac.za and click on the ‘Apply’ button
- Read the information and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Enter your ID number or passport number and click on ‘Submit’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Continue with Application’
- Start to enter ALL the details requested. Once you have entered all the requested information, click on ‘Next’
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’
- A pop-up window will appear with your CAO number, password, and EasyPay number. Read the instructions.
- Click on ‘Continue with Online Application’.
- Follow the instructions and complete ALL the information requested, then click ‘Next’.
- Complete the ‘Next of Kin’ details and click ‘Next’.
- Insert the school name and click on ‘Search’. The school name will appear in a box and you must enter the year you attended that school and the year you finished attending that school.
- Click ‘Next’.
- When you reach ‘Process My Application’, click on the button.
- The message on your screen will display that your submission has been successful.
- You can now pay online and/or upload your supporting documents.
- Pay via EasyPay. See page 24 on ‘Ways to Pay the Administration Fee’.
Completing CAO Application Via Mobile App
- You first have to download the mobile app.
- The app can be downloaded through the Central Applications Office website or App Stores, which is available for Android or Apple devices.
- Even when applying via the app you will have to upload your supporting documents online at www.cao.ac.za
Processing CAO Application Via Hard Copy Form
- This option is least efficient compared to other options
- Handbooks and Application Forms are sent to your school.
- Find out from your principal and LO teacher. This application material should have reached your school by the end of April.
- They are also available from the four universities in KZN and from the DBE District Offices.
- You can also find them in some Libraries that also have the Handbooks and Application Forms.
Applicants may also request a CAO hard copy application form by:
- Contacting the CAO Call Centre at 031 268 4444 or 086 086 0226
- Sending an email to [email protected] OR
- Visiting the CAO office at Gate 11, Mary Thiphe Street, Cato Manor
Also Read: List of TVET Colleges And Their Location
CAO Application Closing Date 2023
Be aware that most CAO programs have early closing dates to allow for assessments and interviews.
Applications that are received after the deadlines are handled as “late” applications.
Each university has its own policy regarding late applications
Please note that UKZN’s Health Science programs do not evaluate applications submitted beyond the deadline.
CAO Entry Term
There are two entry terms:
1 – Entry in the first semester, which starts between January and February
2 – Entry in the second semester, which starts between July and August
Duration Of Study
Please be aware that studying part-time takes longer than studying full-time.
Minimum Points – CAO Application
Depending on the school leaving test you took, the points needed could change. Your most recent exam scores will help you determine your overall point total.
CAO Login for 2023
With the CAO User Login, One can easily check His/Her CAO Progress. Use this link to access the User Login Page for Applicants.
CAO Application Status Check
If you wish to apply to CAO and are yet to receive a CAO application number, click on the button “Apply” from the menu to start your application.
You can keep tabs on the progress of your application.
If applicants, parents, or guidance counselors have any issues regarding filling out the HEAR or SIF/DARE form, they should refer to the available guides. If they still have questions, they should get in touch with CAO.
How To Reapply To CAO
You will have to confirm from your institution to know if you are qualified to reapply or not.
You can log in to the CAO student portal to keep up to date.
CAO Contact Office
Contact the Central Applications Office for further information on this.
Gate 11, Central Services Complex – UKZN
Mary Thiphe Street (Cato Manor Road)
Private Bag X06
email: [email protected]
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.