eTA For Canada is available to citizens of certain country who only need a Canada visa and an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to visit Canada.
If you’re wondering, “What is an eTA and do I need one?” keep reading to learn everything about Canada eTA.
eTA for Canada
For foreign people from visa-exempt countries who wish to come to Canada, the electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a regular requirement. Your passport is electronically connected to your eTA.
You will be permitted to stay in Canada for up to six months at a time and enter the country on several occasions. Your eTA, on the other hand, is good for five years or until your passport expires. Whichever scenario happens first determines your legitimacy.
If your passport is the first to expire, you can apply for a new eTA. Your eTA will be electronically connected to your new passport if it is authorized.
Please keep in mind that simply possessing an eTA does not guarantee that you will be admitted to Canada. This will be at the discretion of the border officer.
Who Can Apply For The eTA?
The following is a list of countries that require an eTA:
Countries That Require eTA
|Anguilla||Bermuda||British Virgin Islands|
|Cayman Islands||Falkland Islands (Malvinas)||Gibraltar|
|Montserrat||Pitcairn Island||Saint Helena|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Brunei Darussalam||Bulgaria|
|Italy||Japan||Republic of Korea|
|Norway||Papua New Guinea||Poland|
|United Arab Emirates||United States||Vatican City State|
Recommended: How To Immigrate To Canada Without IELT
How Do I Apply for an eTA?
The answer is simple, online. This not only makes it convenient but a very simple process too. Should you need assistance with your eTA application, there is a document available that will deem very helpful to you. It’s also available in several languages, making it understandable to most.
What papers am I required to submit with my eTA application?
- Valid passport from a visa-exempt country;
- Credit or debit card.
- Valid email address
Also Read: How To Immigrate To Canada As A Refugee
Tips For Applying For eTA
- Note that one eTA application is for one individual, thus a family will need to fill out one application for each family member.
- You must finish your eTA application in one sitting once you begin it. This is due to the fact that it is a time-sensitive application that must be completed within the specified time range. However, you can ask for more time during your application session. Simply click the ‘continue session’ option to do so.
- You should receive your authorized eTA status through email once you’ve completed the process and if it was successful. Your eTA number will be included in the email. It should only take a few minutes.
- Please keep in mind that you may be required to submit more documents before receiving an eTA approval. If this is the case, you will be contacted within 72 hours of submitting your eTA application with instructions.
- As a result, it’s preferable to apply for your eTA first and then book your flights.
- Verify that the passport number in your passport matches the passport number on the email. Because the eTA is electronically linked to your passport.
Also Read: How To Avoid Canadian Visa Rejection
Options To Travel to Canada As A Foreigner
Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday Visa (WHV) is a fantastic way to travel around Canada and make money at the same time! Not only that, but you’ll gain valuable Canadian work experience as well as the opportunity to improve or learn new skills.
Requirements for the WHV
To be eligible for WHV, you must have the following:
- Valid passport;
- Be a part of the 35 participating countries;
- $2,500 to cover initial expenses;
- Health insurance;
- Police clearance certificate;
- Round-trip ticket or sufficient funds to cover one; and
- No dependents.
Nations Participating in the Working Holiday Visa?
A list of all the nations that participate in the Working Holiday Visa program may be seen below:
Countries in the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program
You may want to learn more about Canadian Experience Class
FAQ On eTA For Canada
Can I live in Canada with eTA?
You can only stay in Canada for six months at a time; if you want to stay permanently, you must apply for the right visa. You may want to learn about Canadian Citizenship Test
What happens if you remain longer than six months in Canada?
You risk losing your travel authorization and being unable to use your eTA in the future. This is why, if you need to stay longer in Canada as a visitor, it’s critical to extend your eTA.
So, now that you know the answer to the question “What is an eTA and? you can begin the application process to immigrate to Canada
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.