The Cambridge University provides the “Gates Cambridge Scholarships” for exceptional foreign students to continue a full-time postgraduate degree program at the University.
Schooling at the University of Cambridge is almost a dream for a lot of students. It is classified among the top five universities globally, number one in the Times University Guide 2020 and number one in the Guardian University Guide 2020. It is one of UK’s oldest and most famous universities.
Cambridge is famous for its multiplicity and provides services and support for foreign students who look to continue their academic education there. About 1,300 foreign students from all around the world are presently registered at the University of Cambridge.
Related: Melinda & Bill Gates Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarships Details:
Applications open: 1 SEPT 2021
Deadline: 14 Oct/3 Dec 2021 or 7 Jan 2022 (annual).
Course starts: October 2022.
Level of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate program.
Field of study: Any program taken at the University.
Number of Awards: 80 scholarship awards each year.
Eligible Countries: international
Gates Cambridge Scholarships Description:
The very competitive Gates Cambridge Scholarships are granted for a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge in any available program in the university.
Unlike other Scholarship awards, these awards are fully funded. For the Gates Masters scholarship award, the maximum length will be 2 years, while for the Gates PhD, grant can be up to 4 years.
The application is presently open for candidates outside of the UK and the selection is on the basis of candidate’s qualifications, academic merit, exceptional intellectual ability and leadership prospect.
Value/Worth Of Gates Cambridge Scholarships
The scholarships provide the cost of studies and also the following expenses:
- The composition fees at the applicable rate
- A maintenance stipend for one candidate (£ 17,500 each year at the 2020-2021 rate) – The award granted for 4 years for the PhD scholars.
- An economy class air ticket at the beginning and end of the program.
- Expenses of inbound visas and expense of the health Surcharge for immigrants.
- Around £500 and £2000 for Academic Development Funding.
- Family allowance.
- Maternity funding: if you require it, you can ask to interrupt your program for up to 6 months and keep on receiving your maintenance stipend during this time.
- Hardship Funding: For unexpected problems.
What is not covered?
Most expenses are provided for by the Scholarship award but Gates Cambridge scholarships does not cover bench fees or the expenses of scientific equipment or related academic resources. The Trust expects such core program expenses to be provided for by the academic department at Cambridge.
Getting a salary or other substantial scholarship?
If you are getting a salary from an employer or possess another substantial scholarship award, the Trust retains the right to decrease or not pay the standard maintenance stipend. You should inform the Trust ASAP if you are granted any funding towards your degree program at Cambridge.
Eligibility for Gates Cambridge Scholarships
To apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, you are required to:
- Be a citizen outside the UK.
- Submit application for one of these full-time residential programs: PhD, MSc or MLitt or a one year postgraduate program.
- If you presently study at Cambridge university, you can put in for a new postgraduate program and benefit from the Gates Cambridge Scholarships if still didn’t start a program.
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarships
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships applications are carried out through the University’s Graduate Applicant website. You are required to first submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding.
You will also be required to submit the following materials:
- A statement of 3,000 characters about the reason you have selected the Cambridge University and your eligibility with the Gates Cambridge program.
- A (non-academic) recommendation about your fit with Gates Cambridge.
- Other materials like CV/resume.
- A research proposal is needed for Ph.D. candidates.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.