Maynooth University Sports Scholarship is open for application from eligible applicants. The application for a Sports Scholarship at Maynooth University is now open and prospective applicants and sport scholars are encouraged to apply.
Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
The Scholarships are awarded to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Scholarship funding assists students with sports and university-related expenses (e.g. sporting equipment, travel costs associated with sport) and aims to free up time from part-time work commitments.
Benefits of the Maynooth University Sport Scholarship Programme
MU Scholarships are awarded to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The benefits that comes with applying for Maynooth University Sport Scholarships include:
- Priority on-campus accommodation in first year (allocation of accommodation places at discretion of Development Officers). Normal fees apply to scholars.
- Access to expert coaching and fitness training
- Sports psychology and time management workshops
- Health and nutrition advice
- Performance analysis
- Ongoing academic support
- Goal setting, performance planning and career advice
- Individual functional health screening leading to fitness, strength and conditioning programmes
- Access to top level coaches and playing facilities
- Free gym membership
- Access to cardiovascular fitness suite and free weights gym
- Medical and physiotherapy support
- Fitness testing and analysis
Eligibility and Renewal Requirements
Scholarships are reserved for students who have reached, or have the potential to reach a very high level of performance, competing at one or a combination of international, national, inter-provincial and inter-county level.
Leaving Certificate applicants:
Required to meet the normal matriculation/minimum entry requirements and any special course requirements;
May receive up to 60 CAO points to assist in bridging any points shortfall for admission to preferred level 8 degree. Sport scholarship applicants must achieve at least 300 points in their best six Leaving Certificate subjects.
Minimum requirement of full award (8 modules) with 5 distinctions in a linked award. The maths requirement for specific degrees may be satisfied by having the grade in the Leaving Certificate, GC(S)E or other school leaving examinations or by attaining a distinction in maths or statistics module in the QQI award.
Considered on a case-by-case basis.
How Do I Renew Maynooth University Sport Scholarship?
Scholarships are renewed on an annual basis subject to certain conditions being met. Scholars must:
- Maintain a satisfactory level of academic achievement
- Maintain an impressive record of sporting achievement
- Take an active role in the relevant sports club within Maynooth University
- Compete on behalf of Maynooth University at inter varsity competitions
- Visit schools or participate in Open Days to discuss sporting talent and opportunities at Maynooth University
- Remain in good standing with the University
In the event of a student terminating a sports scholarship agreement, he or she shall not be eligible for a Maynooth University sports scholarship for the remainder of that year and the subsequent academic year
Open Sports Scholarship At Maynooth University
Specific benefits of soccer scholarship at MU:
- Pathway to the national league’s topflight (links with local national league clubs)
- Access to the highest standard third level soccer competition (CUFL & IUFU WSCAI)
- Access to the top-class strength and conditioning coaching and gym facilities.
- Mentored by experience UEFA qualified coaches.
Requirements for MU soccer scholarship applicants:
- Scholarships are intended for student athletes with proven or perceived potential to perform at the highest level of third level and national league competition.
- Scholarships are awarded to both under and post graduate students for a period of one year. With renewal subject to a satisfactory level of academic and sporting progression maintained.
- Application is open to all regardless of which school or club you are currently play for.
Scholarships are available to both male and female students on full time registered courses.
Eligibility is based on an applicant’s ability to continuously demonstrate a high level of performance at inter county level in one of the following codes:
- Mens Gaelic Football
- Ladies Football
Maynooth University GAA club provides a holistic approach to developing our athletes as both individual and team players. This is achieved through a network of student support services, performance programmes, expertise, and top class facilities including our new on campus High Performance Team Gym, highly experienced coaching staff and strength and conditioning support systems.
Paddy Harrington Golf Scholarships
The Paddy Harrington golf scholarship programme schedule comprises up to 10 hours training per week and up to 12 hours coaching per month through our specialist scholarship support team. Our scholars have access to state of the art training facilities and coaches who specialise in key areas like technical development, fitness training, mental fitness and performance analysis, nutrition and lifestyle management and physiotherapy. Full scholars also get the opportunity of warm weather training during the winter months.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GOLF APPLICANTS:
- Hold a handicap of Scratch or better for men / 2 or better for women
- Hold a excellent profile of performance at National & International events at U18 level or beyond
- Have a desire to reach the pinnacle of the amateur game
- Hold a ranking on WAGR
Categories of rugby scholarship:
- Full entry to Rugby Program to include full supports, bursary and CAO points concession if eligible
- Full entry to Rugby program to include full supports and CAO points concession if eligible
Specific requirements for Rugby applicants:
- Complete online application
- Outstanding achievement and references in school or club rugby
- Exclusive commitment to the University’s Club, MU Barnhall RFC
- Show well in your club/school performances to visits or provide footage where applicable
A number of snooker scholarships are available, supported by the Republic of Ireland Snooker and Billiards Association. More information is available from Sports Officer Paul Davis.
If you are an athlete carded by the Irish Sports Council and playing a recognised sport not listed above, you may be considered for CAO points concessions under that programme.
How To Apply For MU Sports Scholarships
Applications to all the listed scholarships are reviewed by the Sport Scholarship Committee.
Applicants can contact Paul Davis, Sports Officer for further details: (01) 7083824 email: [email protected]
Visit MU official website for additional information and to apply to any of the listed MU Sports Scholarship below.
List of MU Sports Scholarship
- Soccer Scholarships
- GAA Scholarships
- Paddy Harrington Golf Scholarships
- Rugby Scholarships
- Snooker Scholarships
- Carded Athletes
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.