Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarships (Fully Funded to United Kingdom)
MO Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship is currently open for application. Keep reading for details and how to apply for MO Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship.
The International Development Department is excited to announce a great opportunity to undertake the MSc in International Development (Governance and State-Building) with a full scholarship.
Description of Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship
The Governance and State-Building programme is one of the specialised streams within international development, and takes an interdisciplinary standpoint, combining the theoretical rigour of political economy and the practical experience of development. The good governance agenda occurs now increasingly alongside debate on state-building, which encompasses issues such as accountability and transparency, corruption, conflict, political settlement, human rights, participation, access to justice and democratisation.
Governance and state-building are of particular interest to governments, non-governmental organisations and development agencies, as well as to a growing and vibrant academic community.
Type of Programme
Masters in Governance and State-Building
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the MSc programme and undertake a one year internship, including six-months with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
MO Ibrahim Foundation
Worth/Value of Scholarship
The scholarship comprises of:
- Full tuition fee
- Air fare to and from the United Kingdom and visa
- Monthly stipend of £950 for 18 months
- Arrival allowance of £950
Note:The remaining six months for the internship will be funded directly to the successful candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
Eligibility Criteria For Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to all African countries.
- Prospective applicants must poses a first class Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
- Applicants must be African nationals domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
- Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Entry Requirements For Mo Ibrahim Foundation Masters Scholarship
- Applicants should have a first Class Honours Degree from an approved university
- Good written and spoken English. For those whose first language is not English, evidence of this capacity is required. Prospective applicants should reach at least level 6.5 in the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please check the University website for more information on English language requirements. You can check the university website for more details on language requirements.
- Applications must be received through the University online application system, accessed via www.birmingham.ac.uk
- In addition to the usual documents to be submitted, applicants should also upload a 500 word statement and CV. The statement should set out why the applicant is the best candidate for the scholarship.
- Applicants must then send an email to Mrs Debra Beard ([email protected]) informing her of their wish to be considered for the Mo Ibrahim Scholarship.
Note: Applicant should include ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ in the subject line of the email.
All applications should be sent on or before 20th May
Please Subscribe to this blog to get more insightful updates UK Scholarships.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.