Aspirants can now fill out a Correctional Services Application Form. Do you want to know how to apply for a Correctional Services Learnership? If you answered yes, then this post is for you. Correctional Services Application Form, Requirements, and How To Apply will be explained in full.
Learn about the Correctional Services Learnership, its requirements, and how to apply in this article. For a successful application, interested applicants should follow the steps outlined below.
Department Of Correctional Services Learnership
DCS Learnerships are available to those who meet the requirements to pursue further education and training (FET) certification in remedial services (NQF Level 4).
The training includes both theoretical and practical aspects of contributing to the rehabilitation of inmates. You’ll learn how to do this as a trainee through inhumane correction and human development, safe confinement, or supervised social correction.
Related: Harmony Gold Mine Vaccancies
Benefit Of The Learnership Program
This correctional services training provides you with the opportunity to gain the skills and information, as well as the acceptable workplace behavior and attitudes, that correctional services require. Learners receive a monthly scholarship of R3 500-00 for the duration of their study.
Also Read: How To Easily Get South Africa Student Loans
Correctional Services Application Form
For the past few years, the Department of Correctional Services has been through a Learnership program. On various forums, we’ve received several questions from aspirants seeking legitimate information on how to apply for the Correctional Services Learnership and current guidelines. Many applicants have posed the following questions to us:
What is the process for applying for a Correctional Services Learnership?
Is the online application form for Correctional Services Learnership Online Form out?
What is the start date for the Correctional Services Learnership?
What is the procedure for downloading the Department of Correctional Services Form?
Continue reading this post to get answers to the above questions.
Mistake To Avoid When Applying For Correctional Services Learnership
Many people fail in many applications not because they lack qualifications, but because they make multiple errors. So keep the following in mind:
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
- To avoid data errors, complete the application steps alone and do not send anyone else.
- Keep yourself informed about the application.
- Make certain you meet all of the requirements.
- Before submitting, double-check your information.
- The application is available for free online.
Important: GPG Professional Nursing Intake
Correctional Services Learnership Requirements
The programme is open to:
- South Africans who have a Grade 12/Standard 10 certificate
- Applicants who have completed a Further Education and Training Certificate NQF (Level 4)
- South Africans who have completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4)
- It is important to note that additional qualifications shall not be used as a factor for stipend paid or future remuneration purposes.
Additionally, interested applicants must be South Africans:
- Between 21-35 years of age
- Have a strong character
- Law-abiding citizens and without criminal records
- The applicants must be ready to subject themselves to selection processes conducted by DCS.
- The applicants must also be ready to subject themselves to physical training and firearms training conducted by DCS (department of correctional services).
- They must also be ready to disclose information and verify their documents, qualifications, and citizenship.
NOTE: The above requirements are subject to change. So, bookmarking this page will help you to get the latest information about the learnership program with ease.
Recommended: SAPS Application Forms
FET Certificate for Correctional Services in DCS
It is based on a legally enforceable agreement between the learner, the employer, and the service provider and is known as results-based learning.
The one-year (12-month) training program includes the following components:
About 30% of the training will consist of theory. These trainings will take place at an accredited DCS College to be designated by the Department.
- Theoretical training will include intensive firearm training, self-defense and physical fitness.
- These courses are compulsory, which means you will stay in college full time.
- Successful applicants receive free accommodation, meals, uniforms (outerwear and tracksuit) and all training materials during training.
The remaining 70% of the training will be practical training in practice at correctional and social reintegration centers / units.
- This part of the training will include responsibilities related to the rehabilitation and safety of offenders.
- During this training phase, students still receive a monthly scholarship, but are responsible for their own accommodation, meals and transport.
- The correctional services unit does not pay home allowance, housing subsidy, pension fund, medical care, emergency allowance or overtime during training.
Frequently Asked Questions On Correctional Services Application
The frequently asked questions concerning the Correctional Services Learnership are listed below. The information provided has been thoroughly studied and derived from reliable sources. Continue reading to find out more!
What Qualifications Do You Require To Work As A Correctional Officer?
Correctional personnel should have the following characteristics:
- Good judgment
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiating skills
- Physical strength
Also Read: CPUT Online Application Form
What Are The Duties Of Corrections Services?
Correctional officers typically do the following:
- Enforce rules and keep order within jails or prisons.
- Supervise the activities of inmates.
- Inspect facilities to ensure that they meet the security and safety standards.
- Search inmates for contraband items. Report on inmate conduct.
- Escort and transport inmates.
How Much Do Correctional Officers Receive In South Africa?
In South Africa, the average income for a Correctional Officer is R199,499. They also receive different stipends based on their positions and the departments they work for. During their placement, successful candidates will be paid a monthly stipend of R5000.
Information On Correctional Services Application Form
Every year, around November or December, applications for this learnership become available. Check the vacancy page on the Department of Correctional Services Official Website to see if the training is still accepting applicants. Also visit the DCS website to download the correctional services application forms.
You may want to explore other relevant job opportunities for students
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.