Queensland University Law Scholarships for International Students in Australia for the 2022/2023 academic session is open for application.
The School of Law at the University of Queensland is offering scholarships for outstanding international students seeking admission into a coursework masters programs in law—the Master of Laws (LLM), the Master of International Law (MIL), and the Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) or dual degree programs. This opportunity is for you, if you want to study, live and work in Australia
About Queensland University Law Scholarship
This scholarship is available to students beginning in Semesters 1 and 2.
These competitive scholarships are given to excellent international students who have demonstrated academic distinction and a desire to pursue a legal career. Students with high academic achievement are encouraged to apply. Shortlisted students may be asked to participate in a Skype interview. After the closing date, decisions will be made as soon as practicable. This is not the same as applying for a position at the university.
Worth/Value of Scholarship
Four scholarships are on offer; two scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fees and two scholarships covering 25% of the tuition fees for courses undertaken towards the Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Law (MIL) or Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship does not include living expenses, travel expenses, overseas health cover or the Student Services and Amenities fee.
- A law degree is not a prerequisite of entry into either the MIL or the MICLaw.
- International students who have applied or are applying for admission into a postgraduate program in law and who have not yet commenced at UQ.
- Students must not simultaneously hold a similar scholarship.
How to apply for Queensland University Law Scholarships
You must first apply to study at UQ. You will need to apply to study the LLM, MIL, MICLaw or dual degree programs.
Once you have an existing application with UQ, or have received an offer, you can apply for a scholarship by submitting the online application form together with the following supporting documentation:”
- official academic transcript/s
- two reference letters
- Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will meet as soon as practicable after the closing date and applicants will be notified of the outcome in writing.
- Any offer of a scholarship is made subject to approval of the candidate’s enrolment in an approved law program at the University of Queensland.
- Students who are shortlisted for consideration may be required to participate in a Skype interview.
Visit Queensland University official website for additional information and to apply.
Closing date for students commencing in Semester 1 is 30 October. Closing date for students commencing in Semester 2 is 15 May.
You may want to explore other Australia Scholarships for international students
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.