Welders Helper Job in Canada
Apply To Work At Stuart Olson
The position of a Welders helper job in Canada is now open for application. Suitable applicants are encourage to apply for the Welder’s Helper Job in Canada. This position is based in the Conklin, AB area on a client site.
Welders Helper Job Description
- Reporting to the Foreman
- The Welder’s Helper, Turnaround will be responsible for all welder helper duties required on industrial scope construction projects.
- They will ensure work tasks are performed safely in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and company policies and
- That work is performed with a high level of quality and timeliness.
Also Check: Office Clerk Job In Canada
Working Conditions For A Welder’s Helper
Turnaround scheduled to start Sept 13th for a duration of 3 weeks
Shift schedule – 11.5 hours per day for 21 days on and 4 days off
Day shift and night shift will be required
LOA not provided
Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
Travel allowance not provided
Working at heights
Working in and around noise and dust
Must be clean shaven
Coveralls, safety glasses/goggles, hard hat and gloves are provided
CSA approved steel-toed safety boots will be required
Recommended: How to secure Canada Work Permit
Welders Helper Job In Canada – Responsibilities
- Assist with welding functions.
- Load and unload materials and move materials to work area.
- Operate and care for equipment and machines.
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean or protect them.
- Follow instructions from crew Lead Hand and Foreman.
- Assist craft workers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman.
Qualifications For Welders Helper Job In Canada
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ experience as a general labourer or welder’s helper in the construction industry
- Emergency First Aid Knowledge
- Knowledge of Fall protection
- WHMIS 2015
- Ability to work in a confined space
- Should possess CSTS-09 or equivalent
- General construction safety knowledge
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Committed dedication to safety; reflected in practice and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior focus on customer satisfaction
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
- Mask-fit testing may be required
Physical Requirements For A Welder’s Helper
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50lbs. with assistance
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
Also Read: Top Jobs For Immigrants In Canada
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience, quality and production capabilities and is above industry average
Why Work With Stuart Olson?
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
We strongly support and encourage employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health and wellness programs, and learning development opportunities.
About Stuart Olson
We have proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk, and delivers results.
We provide a comprehensive range of construction services from new construction for industrial, commercial, and institutional markets; to industrial maintenance, repair and operations services, heavy civil construction, and contract surface mining; as well as vertical infrastructure including, electrical, mechanical, and specialty trades. For over 100 years, we have been a people-focused company with an unwavering commitment to safety and a high level of service that provides long-term value for all stakeholders.
How To Apply
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.
You may want to explore and apply for top jobs thay pay well in Canada
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.