This page explains how to apply for UNISA Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and how to obtain the UNISA Admission and Application Forms at the University of South Africa. It also includes a link to download the University of South Africa’s Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application Form as well as information on how to complete your UNISA PGCE Application Forms online.
UNISA PGCE Application Forms
This post contains the application form and requirements for admission to UNISA Postgraduate programs for the current academic year.
Internal and external applications for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education are now being accepted. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students who have already registered for the current academic year at UNISA. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS are graduates who meet the qualification’s prerequisites.
Recommended: How To Apply For South African Students Loans
UNISA PGCE Admission Requirements
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- Your admission to UNISA is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
- A Senior Certificate with exemption, as well as an appropriate accredited Bachelor’s degree (360 or 480 credits) or equivalent National Diploma (360 or 480 credits) with English completed up to third year or Applied Language in English completed up to third year level with English 1.
- Linguistics or African Literature or an African language or Afrikaans also must have been completed up to second year level.
- In addition to above requirements, you also must have completed Computer Literacy skills up to first level.
- Applications and registrations for this qualification is online ONLY and no self-help or personal applications or registrations will be accepted.
- Students who do not meet all the requirements, should rather consider applying for a Bachelor of Education degree.
Applying For Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Students who do not comply with all the above admission requirements may not register for this qualification, but rather apply for the BEd (Intermediate and Senior Phase Teaching).
- DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training) encourages students to rather apply for a BEd degree, in order to promote better employment opportunities.
- Outstanding admission subjects may not be offered for non-degree purposes. A student who has successfully completed this qualification will be able to teach from Grade 4 to 9.
- Teaching Practice (10 weeks) is a compulsory component in this program and must be taken according to specific criteria.
- This qualification comprises both semester and year modules. Year modules may only be registered during the January registration period of each academic year.
Also Read: Top IT Courses In South Africa
Who can register and complete UNISA PGCE Application Forms?
- Applicants may only register once they have received confirmation from UNISA that their application for admission has been accepted.
- UNISA reserves the right to not process and / or to cancel your registration if it is found that you were incorrectly admitted to a qualification.
- Admission to the alternative qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with admission requirements and if space is available.
- Re-registering students may register for the current academic year once the registration period opens.
- Please note: Should you wish to start a new qualification, please apply online for the alternative qualification during the prescribed application period.
UNISA PGCE Admission Guidelines And Forms
Applications for study at the University of South Africa, UNISA are fully online.
UNISA PGCE Application Procedures
- Applications for admission to University of South Africa undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) will be open from 1 September to 30 November
- UNISA may, however, open applications for qualifications where there is space available.
- Please take note of the following:
- All applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
Additional support for this qualification via TVET colleges
UNISA has an agreement with various Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer classes in a selected number of qualifications. These classes have proved to generally improve the throughput rate of students who enrol for them.
Useful Tips For Applying For UNISA PGCE
- Make sure that your TVET college of choice offers support in your qualification.
- Apply for admission during UNISA application period via your TVET college or via UNISA.
Recommended: How To Complete TUT Online Application Form
Registration For UNISA PGCE
UNISA will send the necessary information about registration dates and the registration process to all successful applicants who have confirmed their acceptance of Unisa’s offer. Visit University of South Africa website for additional information and to complete your UNISA PGCE application
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.