DAAD MIPLC Scholarships for 2023/2024 academic session is now open for application. The Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) is offering awards to students from developing countries as a part of the DAAD’s program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.”
DAAD MIPLC Scholarships
The DAAD supports the training of specialists from developing and recently industrialized nations through its postgraduate study programs that are development-oriented. The sponsors are convinced that the sustained growth of their nations depends heavily on locally trained experts who are connected to international partners.
Why Apply For MIPLC Scholarships
The scholarships give foreign graduates with a minimum of two years of professional experience from developing and newly industrialized nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or master’s degree at a state-recognized German university, or in exceptional circumstances, a doctoral degree, and to earn a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Munich Intellectual Property Law Center Scholarships
Fields of Study: Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Application Deadline: 15th October
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of course
Candidates eligible for the DAAD scholarship for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” must:
- hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- have received their latest degree no more than six years ago.
- posses at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country (university staff and academics are generally not taken into account). To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if candidate has completed the two years by the time the program starts in October. In any case, the experience must have been gained after the completion of your first university degree.
- have English test scores which meet the MIPLC requirements (see scholarship website).
Value of DAAD MIPLC Scholarship
- The MIPLC will completely waive all tuition for the scholarship winner(s).
- The scholarship recipient(s) will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 750.00 from the DAAD.
- MIPLC scholarship typically also includes a portion of fees for German health, accident, and liability insurance.
- A suitable travel allowance will also typically be paid by the DAAD, unless the home country or another financial source covers these expenses.
- The DAAD will also give recipients a study and research budget.
- The scholarship pays for the two-month prerequisite German course for the MIPLC LL.M program.
- MIPLC scholarship does not cover additional costs, e.g. enrollment fees or the fees for a semester ticket for public transport in Munich.
How to Apply for the DAAD MIPLC Scholarships
To apply for this scholarship, please proceed as follows:
- Visit MIPLC Scholarships Webpage
- Carefully study the information in the DAAD program booklet.
- Determine whether you are eligible to apply by DAAD and MIPLC standards, keeping in mind that where MIPLC and DAAD have differing requirements, the stricter requirements prevail.
- Apply for admission to the MIPLC.
- When you come to the end of the online application form, check “I would like to apply for the DAAD scholarship” and complete the MIPLC Financial Assistance Application Form that opens automatically (please refer to the Financial Assistance Application Instructions).
- Print the forms and add all required documentation, as per the instructions provided.
- Download and complete the DAAD Scholarship Application Form and add the other documents required by the DAAD (please refer to the DAAD brochure; NB: the MIPLC does not require a research proposal). You only have to submit one copy of each document, even if a document, e.g. your CV, is required by both MIPLC and DAAD.
- Make sure that your file is complete, including all three application forms (the MIPLC application form for admission; the MIPLC application form for financial assistance, and the DAAD application form for the scholarship)
- Attach all the required documents. Otherwise, your application cannot be processed. Please note that we only need the original application package, no additional copies.
- Make copies of all application documents. If your are awarded the scholarship, you will have to upload electronic copies of these documents to the DAAD’s system.
Submitting MIPLC Scholarships
Please submit your application directly to the MIPLC, unless you are from Cameroon, in which case you must submit your application through the German Embassy in your country.
Your complete file must reach the MIPLC by October 15 of the year preceding the program start.
In order not to miss out on prompt updates from careerinfos.com, enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button beneath.
A confirmation link will be sent to your inbox or check your spam mails if its not in your inbox. Make sure you click the link to confirm your subscription in order not to miss any updates from this blog. All comments (related to the post above) should be dropped via the comment section below.